Rugby Union

kiwififer

Got to say, as brutal as it is to watch, after last week, the reaction of English punters and pundits to their teams being absolutely, relentlessly and quite deliberately shafted by shitebag homer refs while smug Irish commentators assure everyone they only have themselves to blame is delicious.

Edited by GAD

17 minutes ago, GAD said:

Got to say, as brutal as it is to watch, after last week, the reaction of English punters and pundits to their teams being absolutely, relentlessly and quite deliberately shafted by shitebag homer refs while smug Irish commentators assure everyone they only have themselves to blame is delicious.

That being followed up by Munster shitting the bed against 14 men is outstanding

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

That being followed up by Munster shitting the bed against 14 men is outstanding

It would be so good. These commentators tone has changed big time!

5 minutes ago, Snobot said:

Good choices. Ritchie seemed to constantly rub the referees up the wrong way and I’m not sure he is actually guaranteed to start at the moment.

I’d suggest he absolutely isn’t.  And get keeps getting in brawls over very little, which doesn’t help his case.  The mass brawl versus Argentina was  why he shouldn’t be captain. 

Edited by Savage Henry

Townsend needs to work on his excuses, Ritchie dropped as captain as hes been out injured and not guaranteed to be picked to start, so picks Darge as co-captain who is out injured and definitely wont play first 2 weeks.

Agreed Ritchie probably rubs refs up the wrong way, but I dont think picking Russell as captain is a good choice, your better leaving him to concentrate on his own game

I think the rise to prominence of Darge and Dempsey in a relatively short time has had to prompt a change tbh - I think there's a strong argument that the most impactful back row is Fagerson, Darge and Dempsey. It's a shame Ritchie doesn't have an extra couple of inches (oooh er) as if he was able to play lock that would be a pretty perfect solution. 

Ritchie will come back, he's a good player who has been a bit off form for a while. Sometimes it needs something like this to drive these guys back up to where they've been. I actually think Russell is a good captain and will do well, I think Ritchie is more the kind of guy who just needs to concentrate on his own game.

I think it'll be an interesting 6 nations. we are kind of being written off again. England are the best team in the world again, followed by Ireland and France. Wales have Gatland so they can't be bad which seems to be leaving us as an afterthought, fighting out the wooden spoon with Italy. I'm not so sure it will go down like that. Our pack isn't amazing, but I also don't think it will get hammered the way it has in the past. I think we still get judged on the Scotland teams of the late 10's but it's not like that now.

28 minutes ago, GAD said:

Ritchie will come back, he's a good player who has been a bit off form for a while. Sometimes it needs something like this to drive these guys back up to where they've been. I actually think Russell is a good captain and will do well, I think Ritchie is more the kind of guy who just needs to concentrate on his own game.

I think it'll be an interesting 6 nations. we are kind of being written off again. England are the best team in the world again, followed by Ireland and France. Wales have Gatland so they can't be bad which seems to be leaving us as an afterthought, fighting out the wooden spoon with Italy. I'm not so sure it will go down like that. Our pack isn't amazing, but I also don't think it will get hammered the way it has in the past. I think we still get judged on the Scotland teams of the late 10's but it's not like that now.

At the moment, Im expecting us to beat Wales and Italy away and lose in Dublin as per. Apart from Sexton Ireland havent lost anyone that makes a difference, a different 10 probably makes them less efficent / accurate, but there pack will still be bossing everyone and will get the 'rub of the green' from the refs

The 2 home games are the most interesting that I think could go either way. France at home is usually close, the old adage of France not travelling well, the 2 pre WC games were fairly close, and we've given them a game the last few years so I can see go either way. The England game I've no idea. On the one hand over hte last few years we've had their number, and they have been pretty dreadful for a while and the WC will have lulled them into a false sense of security. However they have also cleared out a lot of dead wood and have a crop of youngsters coming in. They also have a full team of players in France who they arent picking (for example I thought Willis was excellent for Stade against Bath). I think it either clicks and they are challenging, or they are scrapping with Italy and Wales for the wooden spoon.

Im thinking it'll finish, could be either in each position

1/2 - Ireland / France

3/4 - Scotland / England

5/6 - Wales / Italy