Rugby Union

kiwififer

Watching Gloucester is a bit like watching Glasgow against the best teams. They are having a crack, but just not quite good enough, didn't take their chances and slowly getting ground down. Ref not doing them much favours either, decided Sharks were dominant at scrum, which they are tbf, but he's ignoring the times it's actually Sharks at fault and just giving them a penalty every time.

Is anyone going to any of the autumn games? I quite fancied heading along to one or two this year, but either the games are crap or the timings are crap. Fiji at 5.40 on a Saturday is ok on paper till you realise it's outside the window so nobody that plays in England or France, and I assume that applies to Fiji as well. You've got South Africa and Australia, both fucking Sundays, and the Australian one is at 1.40, then the only other Saturday game is Portugal.

I can honestly see them struggling to shift tickets to all these games.

7 minutes ago, GAD said:

Is anyone going to any of the autumn games? I quite fancied heading along to one or two this year, but either the games are crap or the timings are crap. Fiji at 5.40 on a Saturday is ok on paper till you realise it's outside the window so nobody that plays in England or France, and I assume that applies to Fiji as well. You've got South Africa and Australia, both fucking Sundays, and the Australian one is at 1.40, then the only other Saturday game is Portugal.

I can honestly see them struggling to shift tickets to all these games.

Im going to the Fiji game - its one of my mates 50th's and we all fancied going along and standard night out in Embra after, but as you say 2 Sunday games and the other Saturday being Portugal we went for the Fiji game as best of a bad bunch, would have gone for Australia had it been a Saturday, Im sure all maybe bar Portugal will sell out or close to it, but its not great.

25 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Im going to the Fiji game - its one of my mates 50th's and we all fancied going along and standard night out in Embra after, but as you say 2 Sunday games and the other Saturday being Portugal we went for the Fiji game as best of a bad bunch, would have gone for Australia had it been a Saturday, Im sure all maybe bar Portugal will sell out or close to it, but its not great.

Maybe they'll sell out, I don't know, the tickets are pretty expensive. SA is £42-95, Aus not much cheaper. Even Portugal is £27 for cheapest ticket.

I think you are right about the Fiji one being the best of a bad bunch.

Referee has made an absolute arse of the management of that Cancelliere decision. The TMO may not have had enough evidence to overturn it, but the fact that the ref blew before Cancelliere grounded it meant that it was never an option.

Glasgow are in full "Bad Glasgow" mode though, chucking offloads when it isn't on, and Jamie Dobie's kicking has been absolutely appalling.

7 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Referee has made an absolute arse of the management of that Cancelliere decision. The TMO may not have had enough evidence to overturn it, but the fact that the ref blew before Cancelliere grounded it meant that it was never an option.

Glasgow are in full "Bad Glasgow" mode though, chucking offloads when it isn't on, and Jamie Dobie's kicking has been absolutely appalling.

The ref is having a nightmare right now. He's doing that thing where he's refereeing the minutae that doesn't really matter while missing clear offsides, early tackles and hits off the ball.

1 minute ago, GAD said:

The ref is having a nightmare right now. He's doing that thing where he's refereeing the minutae that doesn't really matter while missing clear offsides, early tackles and hits off the ball.

He's just not very good. It's one of those games where both teams can feel aggrieved by the way they are being treated

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

He's just not very good. It's one of those games where both teams can feel aggrieved by the way they are being treated

Yep, he's been terrible for both teams and it's affecting the game..

That's absolutely horrible rugby from Glasgow. Utterly brainless, Bhatti just threw that without any clue who was where.