Rugby Union

kiwififer

I think if it wasn't Gatland in charge I would actually be a lot more enthusiastic about the Lions, but the Australian tour was such a shiter, even if they did win, and I can see more of the same. If it had been a different coach, with a bit more of a modern approach I think we could put together quite an exciting attacking side, with Scottish guys like Hogg, Gray, Jones, Seymour, Taylor, even Barclay right in the mix, alongside Nel, who even Gatland won't ignore, but instead it'll be the experienced old guard and the steady "safe hands" approach. 

It's not Scottish players who'll suffer for this either. I can see guys like Ben Youngs, George Ford, Jonny May, Liam Williams and Justin Tipuric all being fucked around during this tour as well.

1 hour ago, GAD said:

I think if it wasn't Gatland in charge I would actually be a lot more enthusiastic about the Lions, but the Australian tour was such a shiter, even if they did win, and I can see more of the same. If it had been a different coach, with a bit more of a modern approach I think we could put together quite an exciting attacking side, with Scottish guys like Hogg, Gray, Jones, Seymour, Taylor, even Barclay right in the mix, alongside Nel, who even Gatland won't ignore, but instead it'll be the experienced old guard and the steady "safe hands" approach. 

It's not Scottish players who'll suffer for this either. I can see guys like Ben Youngs, George Ford, Jonny May, Liam Williams and Justin Tipuric all being fucked around during this tour as well.

Gatlands squad is just going to be big ball carriers who can crash it up the middle

Sky sports website got an interview with Gatland getting his excuses in early for when he ignores scottish players. Criticises toony for turning down place on coaching team (handily ignoring that he has a tourney with Scotland at same time) states that 3 of the home unions have been very cooperative (guess who the 4th one is??) and also says toony n Scotland will suffer from toony not having chance to 'develop' from being with lions. Utterly childish nonsense from gatland n only proves toony correct to snub the Lions. Frankly hope nz stick 50 on em each test match now.