Rugby Union

kiwififer

Just now, peasy23 said:

Disappointing not to get the 4th try, but I'd have gladly taken that performance and result before the match. Russell getting back to his very best, and excellent performances throughout the whole team.

Great to hear Austin Healey talking up Finn's Lions chances too. He might be a wee dick, but he knows his stuff, and people will take notice of his opinion.

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Not bothered about a BP tonight to be honest. We're winning at Welford Road, and we're going to do Munster at Scotstoun.

Two stunning performances in the last two weeks.

Hopefully, we are certainly capable. Hope Leicester win tomorrow, and I think they might. Munster have been playing well, but I'm not convinced they are as good as everyone thinks. I'm just worried Munster now get to canter in two BP wins against Racing's under 19s.

48 minutes ago, Northsea80 said:

Leone I don't think suits playing with them. He did play tonight and was smothered as soon as he came in to contact with the ball.

He looks completely out of sorts in that team, frustrated and restrained. He was even throwing out a few cheap shots, which I don't remember being part of his game with us. Also, they play a slow style of rugby that good teams haven't been playing for a while now. It was all about bulk for them today, but the era of the 24 stone prop is over by now surely? 

He looks completely out of sorts in that team, frustrated and restrained. He was even throwing out a few cheap shots, which I don't remember being part of his game with us. Also, they play a slow style of rugby that good teams haven't been playing for a while now. It was all about bulk for them today, but the era of the 24 stone prop is over by now surely? 

He wants to come back

Price has certainly put his hand up in recent weeks.
Glasgow have been lucky with scrum halves in the last few years, Cusiter the steady hand to Nikos Maverick and then Pyrgos coming coming through.

George Horne has potential to be the best of the lot. Looking excellent in Scotland 7s n was superb for Scotland u20s. Slick fast past off both hands pacey n not shy of getting stuck in even tho hes only wee. Having toony in charge at murrayfield will hopefully see laidlaw given his gold watch n allow likes of price n Horne to take over. Price had a tough one v connacht last season but he has learned from it and has clearly had a massive confidence boost since his excellent cameo v Georgia. Future looking v bright at half back with adam Hastings n peter horne hopefully being back up to finn in future ( anyone but gatland would seriously have to look at finn for lions )

I remember a Wales prop in early 90s who was 13 stone. Played for the neath side that was just about unbeatable and alongside being superb in loose he was a really good scrummager. Can't mind his name though I'm sure he died at quite a young age. Barely see scrum halfs at that weight now.

50 minutes ago, dogmc said:

I remember a Wales prop in early 90s who was 13 stone. Played for the neath side that was just about unbeatable and alongside being superb in loose he was a really good scrummager. Can't mind his name though I'm sure he died at quite a young age. Barely see scrum halfs at that weight now.

I think Brian WIlliams would be the one you mean, I think. Played against Scotland in the GS year and was 14st. His opposite number was David Sole who himself was just around 16st.

I think Brian WIlliams would be the one you mean, I think. Played against Scotland in the GS year and was 14st. His opposite number was David Sole who himself was just around 16st.

Yeah think that's him. Not sure sole was even 16 st tbh. Remember Peter wright saying the Scotland guys used to add an extra stone onto their official stats to try to mess with opponents heads! Looking back at games from 80s n 90s it's amazing how skinny guys were. Totally different sport. Showed my wee lad some old Scotland games n he couldn't believe the number of line breaks n how much space their was.....or how brutal rucking was then!