Rugby Union

kiwififer

Barnes on Sky was genuine verge of tears at the end of that. f**k knows why he loves connacht so much.

Also, the whole "Hogg can't defend" shite is getting ridiculous. He got done today by a fucking great winger, on an open feild kick chase, where the winger got stopped anyway, and apparently it exposes a huge weakness in Hogg's game? f**k off, that happens in every game you'll ever see. The catching player in that situation almost always beats the first man.

Barnes on Sky was genuine verge of tears at the end of that. f**k knows why he loves connacht so much.
Also, the whole "Hogg can't defend" shite is getting ridiculous. He got done today by a fucking great winger, on an open feild kick chase, where the winger got stopped anyway, and apparently it exposes a huge weakness in Hogg's game? f**k off, that happens in every game you'll ever see. The catching player in that situation almost always beats the first man.

He thinks Seymour should make the Lions so it gives him one plus point but still a dick

Entirely this. That connacht winger is a class act and there isn't a 15 on the planet who would have made that tackle. This hogg can't defend pish is an utter English / Welsh media myth. He's probably made more try saving tackles than any 15 we have ever had ( including Irvine or hastings) given how shite we were when he came into the side. The irony is he's barely missed a tackle since this nonsense became a lazy commentators crutch this season.

5 hours ago, GAD said:

Rory Lawson was just shaking his head and laughing at Barnes' moan, before ripping the argument apart.

Ali Price did himself no harm as a possible bolter last night...

As recently as last season, tackling was Hogg's only, but sizeable, weakness. He's not perfect yet but you can tell that it's something he is working on and has certainly made improvements.

As for the game, we were a wee bit thin due to rest protocols and suchlike as it's only been 1 week since the internationals finished. Connacht had their strongest team naturally.

Therefore, we were made to work very hard, especially in the last 15 mins when Swinno went for a walk. Looked harsh from my seat but I'll reserve judgement until I've watched the game back.

Connacht may have been the slightly better team in consequence but to get a bonus point win AND starve Connacht of a losing bp is an exceptional day at the office. 

It was a battle of 6th v 7th with us 7 points ahead before kick-off unless I'm mistaken. It may seem a lot but keep in mind Connacht have a game in hand away to Zebre. So if we had lost that it could have made for a torrid end to the season...

As recently as last season, tackling was Hogg's only, but sizeable, weakness. He's not perfect yet but you can tell that it's something he is working on and has certainly made improvements.
As for the game, we were a wee bit thin due to rest protocols and suchlike as it's only been 1 week since the internationals finished. Connacht had their strongest team naturally.
Therefore, we were made to work very hard, especially in the last 15 mins when Swinno went for a walk. Looked harsh from my seat but I'll reserve judgement until I've watched the game back.
Connacht may have been the slightly better team in consequence but to get a bonus point win AND starve Connacht of a losing bp is an exceptional day at the office. 
It was a battle of 6th v 7th with us 7 points ahead before kick-off unless I'm mistaken. It may seem a lot but keep in mind Connacht have a game in hand away to Zebre. So if we had lost that it could have made for a torrid end to the season...

Clear red mate. Pretty disgraceful by Tim tbh

9 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

This 100%.

It did look innocuous at first glance, but when you see it from the angle behind it's a clear swinging arm straight to the head. The ref had no choice.

He was unlucky from the point of view that the player was falling into him as a result of another tackler, but it was a stupid thing to do and a clear red.

Just seen Pat Lam whinging in his interview, mentions that they will be looking at all the video to see if there is anything else they can complain about.

The Connacht fans are learning from the fans from the other Irish sides and complaining that the ref should of shown at least another 4 cards to Glasgow players

Got the day off and decided to watch the highlights of Saracens v bath this morning. Wish I hadn't bothered, got the fear for next week now, Saracens were brilliant. I'm not even sure that was their full first team either. Anyone know the latest on Strauss? Does he have any chance of being back for this one? I think we will need all the forward grunt we can get.

To be fair it was 20-10 just before the hour mark. Bath fell apart..

Just have to go and give it a good knock. We often raise our game against Champions Cup opposition. If Strauss is out I'm guessing it's Price-Russell-Seymour-Dunbar-Grigg-Jones-Hogg. Forwards being Reid-Brown-Fagerson-Alainu'uese-Gray-Harley-Favaro-Wilson