Rugby Union

kiwififer

14 hours ago, dogmc said:

I really don't like cockerill as a guy or his go to tactics...but I'm also v critical of how passive our sides are with shite refs...can see him ermm pressing poor refs

I hated him as a player, but my opinion of him as a coach changed completely after Glasgow stuffed them twice last year, and he just came out after saying Glasgow were brilliant.

I think he could be a really good fit for Edinburgh.

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I'm thinking of heading to see the Hawks play today. First game of season and no fitba on.
KO 2pm at Scotstoun.

Much further down the leagues I'm going to watch local team North Berwick for the first time in years. Hopeful this is the year they can finally get back out the regional leagues.

I hated him as a player, but my opinion of him as a coach changed completely after Glasgow stuffed them twice last year, and he just came out after saying Glasgow were brilliant.
I think he could be a really good fit for Edinburgh.

Yeah he spoke really well and was realistic about the work that has to be done without his usual (previous??) Bullshit n arrogance. Looks like they are concentrating on the basics like defence and building from there. Cockerills subs were spot on too. Cautiously optimistic on basis of last night. Would guess long term plan is for cockerill to develop McCrae so he can take over when he heads back to England or France. Early signs are defo good

Much further down the leagues I'm going to watch local team North Berwick for the first time in years. Hopeful this is the year they can finally get back out the regional leagues.

This weekend I'm heading to darkest Fife to watch the wee lad play for u16s. Have really enjoyed watching youth rugby since he started playing and its made me pretty optimistic about the future of Scottish rugby. The skills and conditioning of these kids is incredible compared to when I played.

2 hours ago, dogmc said:

This weekend I'm heading to darkest Fife to watch the wee lad play for u16s. Have really enjoyed watching youth rugby since he started playing and its made me pretty optimistic about the future of Scottish rugby. The skills and conditioning of these kids is incredible compared to when I played.

The boy who lives across the road from me plays U16 as well, just for a local club, and the fitness of these boys is unreal. When I played rugby I didn't set foot in a gym until I was in my 20s, and I certainly didn't have to follow a diet plan!

The boy who lives across the road from me plays U16 as well, just for a local club, and the fitness of these boys is unreal. When I played rugby I didn't set foot in a gym until I was in my 20s, and I certainly didn't have to follow a diet plan!

Yep same.

4 hours ago, afca32 said:

50-19 win over Berwick. Some great offloading and tries.

Also VERY excited to see Leila Masaga here.

17 minutes ago, dogmc said:

What the f**k is wrong with an exit kick?? Especially in shite weather!!

Did you see the wind at the penalty? There's no way they can kick exits there - any kick needs to be low and won't gain much ground.

If Glasgow are in it at half time, Hastings, Horne and Jackson will pin Connacht back all second half. Looks a 20point wind tbh!

Did you see the wind at the penalty? There's no way they can kick exits there - any kick needs to be low and won't gain much ground.
If Glasgow are in it at half time, Hastings, Horne and Jackson will pin Connacht back all second half. Looks a 20point wind tbh!

Have to agree, thought the missed penalty had hit the post but when you saw the replay it didn't even reach it.