Rugby Union

kiwififer

Less than 350 left by the last email i got from them. Gutted to be missing it, going to Norway tomorrow with work!

This game, the following week against Munster and the Edinburgh tie will shape the rest of the season. I'd expect Glasgow to beat Edinburgh, the other two are 50/50 depending on what Munster side shows up at Scotstoun.

Less than 500 tickets left for Glasgow v Toulouse on Saturday, hopefully the weather picks up a bit or it's going to be an absolute lottery.

The 1872 Cup match against Edinburgh on Saturday 27th has already sold out.

Got tickets for the East terrace a few weeks ago. Usually easy enough to get tickets close to it, but this year the tickets were going like goldust

Going to the Glasgow v Munster game today. Is it okay to park in Southbrae Drive and walk down from there, or is Southbrae residents parking only?

I'm pretty sure Southbrae Drive is fine to park on, the permit area is for streets south and west of the stadium if I remember right.

Caught a bit of Edinburgh's demolition of Treviso last night. Massive punch up at one point sparked off by a Treviso player punching an Edinburgh player in the head a few times whil he was on the deck. Treviso player was red carded but he can probably expect an extended Chistmas holiday.

Caught a bit of Edinburgh's demolition of Treviso last night. Massive punch up at one point sparked off by a Treviso player punching an Edinburgh player in the head a few times whil he was on the deck. Treviso player was red carded but he can probably expect an extended Chistmas holiday.

A vid of the punch up

A good win today for Glasgow today

Good win for Glasgow there, even if it wasn't the best performance.

Especially good to see George Clancy got the Murrayfield memo to disallow perfectly valid Glasgow tries!

I hope the papers use the headline "Glasgow win despite Clancy". Hopeless and that disallowed try looked a baffling call at the game.

Is this the non try by niko after the high around the neck tackle on I think it was DTH?

Clancy was a joke all game long.

Aye. They replayed it on the big screen and it looked fine. I presume it was forward pass? Why they didn't just go to TMO and called it despite their poor positions I don't know.

Aye. They replayed it on the big screen and it looked fine. I presume it was forward pass? Why they didn't just go to TMO and called it despite their poor positions I don't know.

He gave the forward pass immediately, ie before the "try" was scored, so no way they could use the TMO.

Is this the non try by niko after the high around the neck tackle on I think it was DTH?

Clancy was a joke all game long.

He said the advantage was over, which is just about fair enough given Glasgow created a 2v1 5m from the line. I can accept that, but not the blatantly wrong forward pass call.

He gave the forward pass immediately, ie before the "try" was scored, so no way they could use the TMO.

I know. My point was more that they were in a horrible position to call it. Both touch judge and referee appeared to me to be well back from the line of play, so why not let play carry on- it never looked clear cut- and if there was a score, ask the TMO to check the forward pass in build-up? Instead he ruled out a good score and as the scrum is starting the replays are showing nothing conclusive! Seemed like poor refereeing- I know some quarters think refs lean on TV officials too much and I wonder if that played a part in the ref calling it in a big game.

Nigel Owens is a great ref.

The players like him, and he is consistent - it is extremely rare for him to make a game-changing mistake too.

Unlike Mr Barnes, who is usually delighted that thousands of people have turned up to see him.

Agreed. Owens is far from the worst official out there and he tends to call things consistently and players seem to like him.