Rugby Union

kiwififer

Owens is one of the few referees who makes his decisions explicitly clear for TV audiences. Rather than lecturing players like that Irish bloke did in the Italian red card incident, he treats the players like adults whilst explaining his calls. I like him.

I don't know the names of most of them, but the antipodean guy who thinks he's a player really irritates me.

Owens was one of the better refs a few years ago but he's more interested in being a celebrity these days and thinking up his next "witty" comment. He handled Glasgow's games in Leinster and Ulster very poorly in 2014. Apart from the Niko try I thought Clancy had a surprisingly decent game, best ref at Scotstoun for a while anyway. For me Walsh has went the opposite to Owens and I'd rate him as the best ref in rugby just now.

Can't wait to see Josh Strauss in a Scotland shirt.

Owens was one of the better refs a few years ago but he's more interested in being a celebrity these days and thinking up his next "witty" comment. He handled Glasgow's games in Leinster and Ulster very poorly in 2014. Apart from the Niko try I thought Clancy had a surprisingly decent game, best ref at Scotstoun for a while anyway. For me Walsh has went the opposite to Owens and I'd rate him as the best ref in rugby just now.

Think that is maybe harsh on Owens. Can't agree on Walsh, he's far from the worst, but don't see him as the best in rugby at the moment.

Sitting in Haymarket waiting for a train. It was a good game with both teams guilty of poor decision making. Bit Edinburgh Rugby/SRU need. To find/upgrade/build a smaller ground for Edinburgh home games.

Glasgow were terrible last night. Didn't turn up. Edinburgh deserved the win. A defeat like that had been coming since Mark Bennett's injury IMO, Harley a big miss.

All in all a poor game in terrible conditions between 2 bad teams.

Murrayfield is killing Edinburgh. 16k and it was like a pea in a drum. Put it this way, if that was the first game of rugby you'd been too you wouldn't hurry back. No atmosphere, freezing, windy and an attritional game on the park.

Comfortable for Glasgow to be honest.

You knew if they could stop Scarlets in the first half when the wind and weather was in the Welsh sides favour then they'd do fine. They almost made it to HT, but a bad mistake before gave Scarlets the half time lead. In the second half Glasgow could control the territory and game much better with the wind, and it told. Scarlets lacked the power up front. A welcome return from Cusack too who looked good with Jerry in the scrum.

I also through Clancy reffed well despite the conditions despite a few of the home supporters giving him a roasting. I just don't think they know the rules to be honest!

Got my tickets for the Italy game for me and my wee grandson.

In the last 12 months we have now been to 7's rugby at Ibrox, Champions League at Celtic Park, CG athletics at Hampden and now Murrayfield, enjoying the trips.

The Italy game is the best one to go to out the 3 at Murrayfield as we should beat them.