Rugby Union

kiwififer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/43600664

So 12 teams are interested in a franchise for the super 6, all of the current top 10, with the exception of Marr, and Edinburgh Accies, Dundee and Gala from the 2nd tier

As there is one team minimum from each region,

Its either Dundee or Stirling county from Caledonia, Ayr or Glasgow Hawks from Glasgow, 1 from Gala, Hawick and Melrose in the borders and 1 from 5 from Edinburgh in Boroughmuir, Currie, Accies, Heriots and Watsonians

34 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Normally at this point, I'd be considering cheering on a Glasgow rival to victory, while hoping they also pick up a few high-profile injuries on the way.

It's Munster though, so I hope they get horsed AND pick up plenty of injuries.

One down...

I'm also enjoying some Owens-charged seethe from the crowd as well. The more the better.

1 minute ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

One down...

I'm also enjoying some Owens-charged seethe from the crowd as well. The more the better.

He lulled them into a false sense of security by giving them the big decision early on, and now they are (rightly) getting nothing at the breakdown.

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

I might be wrong, but I think it was a try regardless of where the ball went. He lifted it and dropped it, which means it should be ruck over anyway.

I'll be honest, I don't have a fucking clue about any of the rules. The way the commentators were talking it would suggest the ball would have to be 'out' for the ruck to be over, so the fact his leg was still behind the ball makes all the difference.

It is rugby, though, so they just make it up on the hoof anyway. AFAIK.

Just now, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

I'll be honest, I don't have a fucking clue about any of the rules. The way the commentators were talking it would suggest the ball would have to be 'out' for the ruck to be over, so the fact his leg was still behind the ball makes all the difference.

It is rugby, though, so they just make it up on the hoof anyway. AFAIK.

"Out" would be behind the back foot or lifted clear by a player. The definition of "clear" is variable though!