Rugby Union

kiwififer

to be fair they have said he has signed a contract and expect him to honour it, there's not much else to add until a) he doesn't turn up when expected, or b) actually signs / tries to sign for someone else

Yep. My only worry is that we have let DTH go presumably because the money is spent on this boy.

If he doesn't come, we'll get a chunk of cash from the Australians (who aren't flush) or freeze him out of rugby. But who do we get as a replacement last minute?

Personally I'd go and offer the ARU cash to DTH. 20mins in Llanethli and he'll be desperate to move back to Hyndland!

As a Warriors fan but also as a general rugby fan, I'm going to break my sleep to watch Samoa v NZ. I could watch a re-run or record it but where's the fun in that lol? First time NZ have played in Samoa. The Samoan PM has announced a national holiday for the game.

Yep. My only worry is that we have let DTH go presumably because the money is spent on this boy.

If he doesn't come, we'll get a chunk of cash from the Australians (who aren't flush) or freeze him out of rugby. But who do we get as a replacement last minute?

Personally I'd go and offer the ARU cash to DTH. 20mins in Llanethli and he'll be desperate to move back to Hyndland!

Australia seem a bit more lax on internationals playing abroad, having asked the Lenister lock to join up for the Championship and World Cup so they might be happy for him to see out his contract in Glasgow, although if he has a stormer in the WC there may be more of a clamour to keep him.

Would still leave us with only 2 wingers until the world cup finished (Rory Hughes and Lee Jones with Lamont and Seymour in the Scotland Squad most likely)

Australia seem a bit more lax on internationals playing abroad, having asked the Lenister lock to join up for the Championship and World Cup so they might be happy for him to see out his contract in Glasgow, although if he has a stormer in the WC there may be more of a clamour to keep him.

Would still leave us with only 2 wingers until the world cup finished (Rory Hughes and Lee Jones with Lamont and Seymour in the Scotland Squad most likely)

If he plays for Oz then comes here, he will not get an Aussie call up. You need 60 caps and a certain number of years in Super Rugby before you can move to Toulon for a pay-day and play for Oz

If he plays for Oz then comes here, he will not get an Aussie call up. You need 60 caps and a certain number of years in Super Rugby before you can move to Toulon for a pay-day and play for Oz

Yeah they just brought that in this year, although they have just called up the Leinster Lock Douglas Kane (i think) who only has 12 caps

1st ever Rugby Championship Friday game. Dumbed down tournament due to the World Cup. As there's silverware at stake I can't see any of these teams using them as friendly warm-ups. All Blacks are the best in the world. South Africa are competing with them on a regular basis. The Aussies are getting back to their good selves and Argentina are improving. Interesting game on Sat...

1st ever Rugby Championship Friday game. Dumbed down tournament due to the World Cup. As there's silverware at stake I can't see any of these teams using them as friendly warm-ups. All Blacks are the best in the world. South Africa are competing with them on a regular basis. The Aussies are getting back to their good selves and Argentina are improving. Interesting game on Sat...

Matt Giteau back for the Wallabies after change of selection policy. Michael Hooper starts ahead of David Pocock. Line-up from ABC web site as follows: Wallabies squad:

Israel Folau, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Tevita Kuridrani, Matt Giteau, Rob Horne, Quade Cooper, Will Genia, Scott Higginbotham, Michael Hooper, Scott Fardy, Rob Simmons, Will Skelton, Sekope Kepu, Stephen Moore ©, James Slipper

Reserves: Tatafu Polota-Nau, Scott Sio, Greg Holmes, James Horwill, David Pocock, Nick Phipps, Matt Toomua, Drew Mitchell

I reckon it will finish

AB

SA

AUS

ARG

With Argentina getting one win

Richie McCaw just scored a try in possibly his last Test in Christchurch. 11-3 after Dan Carter, also a possible last Christchurch Test, misses the conversion. All Blacks will win this fairly comfortably.

Richie McCaw just scored a try in possibly his last Test in Christchurch. 11-3 after Dan Carter, also a possible last Christchurch Test, misses the conversion. All Blacks will win this fairly comfortably.

A fairly decent performance from the ABs with it still being quite a second string side, main worry was the second half lull that cost a couple of tries.

Unlucky for Waisake Naholo to break a leg in his debut, looked like he could be a handy option.