Rugby Union

kiwififer

Also, what is the deal with Alex Dunbar these days? Seems to be frozen out at club and now international level. He's got a few issues,  but I still think he's a better player than Dean and Harris. In fact, looking at that squad, centre now looks an area of real weakness.

23 minutes ago, GAD said:

Also, what is the deal with Alex Dunbar these days? Seems to be frozen out at club and now international level. He's got a few issues,  but I still think he's a better player than Dean and Harris. In fact, looking at that squad, centre now looks an area of real weakness.

He came off injured in one of the Edinburgh games, but dont think I ever saw anything to say what he had done

30 minutes ago, GAD said:

6 minutes ago, honestly united said:

He came off injured in one of the Edinburgh games, but dont think I ever saw anything to say what he had done

Injured his knee against Edinburgh

7 minutes ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Injured his knee against Edinburgh

Ta,

The BBC article on squad selection has him down as being dropped (or missing out) rather than injured which is probably where the confusion comes from.

He will be the biggest miss in the squad ,(apart from all the hookers) as it will probably mean either Dean or Horne starting at inside center.

Edit to add, forgot about Johnson also, him or Dean wouldn't be too bad.

Edited by honestly united

It will be Sam Johnson or Peter Horne at 12. It's a shame Matt Scott got injured and wasn't able to stake a claim in the autumn. That he has been out for so long with a concussion is worrying.
I'm going to be shiting it every time McInally is in contact this Friday.

Hopefully we’re thrashing everyone after 50 minutes, so whichever sub hooker I’ve never seen play doesn’t have to do too much.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Hopefully we’re thrashing everyone after 50 minutes, so whichever sub hooker I’ve never seen play doesn’t have to do too much.

McInally is fit enough to play 80 minutes. He has done it a few times under Townsend. If he gets injured though we are fucked.

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

McInally is fit enough to play 80 minutes. He has done it a few times under Townsend. If he gets injured though we are fucked.

We really are. It's not a coincidence that Glasgow's downturn has come at the same time as the hooker crisis. Whilst it's not the only reason, it's a big factor.