Rugby Union

kiwififer

53 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Anyone know if Nel is defo out for Saturday or just a small precaution?

Think it was more a precaution they took him off, seemingly a calf strain, but Murray McCallum has been called up as a precaution.

Brown back in the squad as he starts training again today.

Noticed the 7's team went from finishing 5th to finish 2nd last equal this week, not winning a game.

On Laidlaw I think he is a cracking scrum half, but his service could be a lot quicker. At the moment as the backrow are not the most mobile (compared to what we had) Laidlaw suits a bit better, but when we had Barclay at 8, Watson and Hardie as wing forwards I thought Horne (at the time Price as well, but he's really gone off the boil) was a better option as he could really speed the pace of the game  up.

3 hours ago, honestly united said:

Think it was more a precaution they took him off, seemingly a calf strain, but Murray McCallum has been called up as a precaution.

Brown back in the squad as he starts training again today.

Noticed the 7's team went from finishing 5th to finish 2nd last equal this week, not winning a game.

On Laidlaw I think he is a cracking scrum half, but his service could be a lot quicker. At the moment as the backrow are not the most mobile (compared to what we had) Laidlaw suits a bit better, but when we had Barclay at 8, Watson and Hardie as wing forwards I thought Horne (at the time Price as well, but he's really gone off the boil) was a better option as he could really speed the pace of the game  up.

Scotland missed out on a try against Italy in the first half, as I recall, specifically because of Laidlaw's dillydallying.  

5 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
6 hours ago, Detournement said:
And he's out as it's a calf tear.
Berghan probably gives you more in the loose anyway.

I like berghan tbh, I see Ire have now lost Ringrose and the lamppost Toner to add to Stander

Tagdh Beirne and Iain Henderson are both out too. I hear Keith Earls is also doubtful...

On 03/02/2019 at 13:40, John Lambies Doos said:

Looks like Itoje is gone for couple of months, likely to miss Glasgow game.

Saying now he's looking to only miss a couple of weeks, so he'll be back for the back end of the six Nations and the Glasgow game. 

Edited by same_ol_g35

11 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Bit of fun but who do you take greatest pleasure in beating in six Nations, my order is Wales, Ireland, England, France then Italy. 20yrs ago it would have been England but for some reason that's definitely changed

Ireland, Wales, England, France, Italy.

The Irish fans are hugely annoying while it's hard to take the Welsh fans seriously but Gatland makes up for it.

14 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Bit of fun but who do you take greatest pleasure in beating in six Nations, my order is Wales, Ireland, England, France then Italy. 20yrs ago it would have been England but for some reason that's definitely changed

Up to recently I would have had England way out in front then all the rest much of a muchness (we were all celtic cousins afterall etc etc) however now its definitely Ireland way out in front, followed by Wales (and really only due to Gatland and the welsh media types, except Warbuton who I have gone from totally despising as being Gatlands puppet, to thinking hes a decent bloke and actually really unbiassed in his commentary) then England then  abit back to France and Italy

Up to recently I would have had England way out in front then all the rest much of a muchness (we were all celtic cousins afterall etc etc) however now its definitely Ireland way out in front, followed by Wales (and really only due to Gatland and the welsh media types, except Warbuton who I have gone from totally despising as being Gatlands puppet, to thinking hes a decent bloke and actually really unbiassed in his commentary) then England then  abit back to France and Italy
I'd have Wales slightly ahead of Ireland. Totally get your point about Warburton, I used to despise Brian Moore but now think he's a top top bloke.