Film Theme Songs

Stu

The Vikings

One Upon a Time in the West...in fact, all of Ennio Morricone's scores to Sergio Leone's movies

Field of Dreams

Ride of the Valkyries from Apocalypse Now (ok, not a theme as such but can anyone think of anything bar helicopters when thery hear that music?)

Edited to include...

Vertigo...in fact just about anything by Bernard Hermann from The Day the Earth Stood Still through to Taxi Driver, the last film he worked on.

4. Braveheart

MacBraveheart

Have a listen to this. The music will come on in a few seconds. It's a nice wee site, if a little obsessive. If you've got enough time, read some of the comments in the "How many times have you seen Braveheart" section. :lol:

I heard loads of this kind of stuff from American tourists when I worked in Edinburgh Castle.......

"I'm actually a direct decendent from William Wallace/Robert the Bruce"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:<_<

Duel of the Fates - John Williams (Episode 1: The Phantom Menace)

Indiana Jones - John Williams

Adagio - Samuel Barber (Platoon - the best piece of classical music ever)

The Mission - Ennio Morricone

The Imperial March - John Williams (Empire Strikes Back)

oh c**t i forgot about adagio!!! (for strings to be precise). Always end up listening to it at work/when revising!!! Class bit of music! I've got a version with charlie sheen doig the voice over from the end of the film! Infact i downloaded the whole platoon soundtrack from somewhere.

The Tom Hanks Top Five (sic) thread has reminded me that Philidelphia, awful, horrible, dreadful, ghastly film that it is, has a Bruce Springsteen opener and a Neil Young closer... both of which are among said artists' greates work.

The Tom Hanks Top Five (sic) thread has reminded me that Philidelphia, awful, horrible, dreadful, ghastly film that it is, has a Bruce Springsteen opener and a Neil Young closer... both of which are among said artists' greates work.

that neil young song is brilliant.

on the topic

a few more great themes are:

Jaws - suprised that this hasnt been mentioned. :blink:

The Exorcist

Halloween

In no particular order,

1. Top Gun theme

2. Lord of the Rings trilogy has some great themes

3. Kill Bill Vol. 1 - Battle without Honor or Humanity

4. Star Wars - the Opening theme, Imperial March & Duel of the Fates

5. Braveheart - I know the film's completely inaccurate, was filmed mostly in Ireland and has Mel Gibson playing one of Scotland's "heroes", but when I hear the theme from the execution the hairs on the back of neck stand up.

As an aside, one of my Irish mates has seen Braveheart over 40 times and can quote the entire movie.

Liam

• 2 weeks later...

philadelphia by bruce springsteen is a fantastic track and find it hard to believe that anyone who has seen the film doesnt find it very moving- goes perfectly with the (very good) film!

Archived