What Are You Drinking ?

I just made some Jamaican style Guinness Punch. I had it a couple of years ago in a carribean restaurant in Manchester but this is the first time I've attempted to make it myself.

I used one bottle of Guinness West Indies Porter, one tin of Carnation condensed milk, one egg and some cinnamon and nutmeg.

I beat the raw egg then added the rest of the ingredients and whisked it thoroughly before putting it in  the fridge for a couple of hours.

It tastes okay but is far too sweet. One glass is all I can handle for now.

If I try it again I may just use half the amount of condensed milk.

3 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

I just made some Jamaican style Guinness Punch. I had it a couple of years ago in a carribean restaurant in Manchester but this is the first time I've attempted to make it myself.

I used one bottle of Guinness West Indies Porter, one tin of Carnation condensed milk, one egg and some cinnamon and nutmeg.

I beat the raw egg then added the rest of the ingredients and whisked it thoroughly before putting it in  the fridge for a couple of hours.

It tastes okay but is far too sweet. One glass is all I can handle for now.

If I try it again I may just use half the amount of condensed milk.

Are you fucking mental?

DSC_1796.JPG

2 cans of Carlsberg Elephant on the train home after the team Christmas party tonight. Its 7.5 but it tastes really good, not even like normal Carlsberg.. Without the slight bitterness that people don't like.
This after a few glasses of Riesling and Pinot G. Munching peanut M&Ms works with this.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

DSC_1796.JPG

2 cans of Carlsberg Elephant on the train home after the team Christmas party tonight. Its 7.5 but it tastes really good, not even like normal Carlsberg.. Without the slight bitterness that people don't like.
This after a few glasses of Riesling and Pinot G. Munching peanut M&Ms works with this.

Is it sickly sweet like Special Brew?

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

Place I am in sells gluten free beer.

f**k sake

Take it from me, you can tell there's something not right about them. There's two schools of thought regarding gluten in beer, medical science and mine. Until they provide adequate proof that gluten survives brewing I will drink whatever I like.