What Are You Drinking ?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
16 minutes ago, philpy said:
Not bad.
20221014_183717.thumb.jpg.b25ab33c2c4cf5c11d0457459295be16.jpg

Had a couple last night. I enjoyed it but Kongo was the highlight. Its excellent.

That's up next. Possibly followed by the supernova imperial stout...

16 hours ago, philpy said:

Go to sainsburys and you'll get 4 cans for £6.

Incredibly, it was in a boozer in Glasgow for one pint.. Maggie May’s has always been a rip off but used to have a decent selection if I remember right. Now it’s just a standard fare and still a rip off! 

IMG_6456.jpg
IMG_6467.jpg
IMG_6469.jpg
Pic 1. Tankovna Urquell and Dark Kozel
Pic 2. Delirium Nocturnum and Tropical IPA
Pic 3. Blackcurrant and vanilla sour.

Had a fab beer day so far and done 20,000 steps to burn the beer off [emoji6]

Currently watching Lechia Gdańsk v Rezow on tv. We were going to go to the game tomorrow, but some eejit (me) got the days wrong. We would’ve got tickets no problem as there looks about 10,000 in a 42,000 stadium. 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Is that just the way they serve them there? You'd be sending that back or asking for a flake here. Different cultures I suppose. Anyway, the beers you've been having look great.

The first two are like hladinka pours, the DT is almost a snyt. Czech thing, although I'm sure it's made it's way over to Poland.  

https://www.brewer-world.com/3-pours-of-pilsner-urquell/

There's a few brewpubs/boozers in the US that have started getting sidepour taps in for European styles (PA in the article, but I know Beermiscuous and Dovetail in Chicago have them) which makes those pours more doable

https://breweriesinpa.com/the-side-pull-tap-what-is-it-and-why-should-we-care/

Is that just the way they serve them there? You'd be sending that back or asking for a flake here. Different cultures I suppose. Anyway, the beers you've been having look great.

It’s the culture here, and in other Central European countries I’ve been to. The glasses are marked to 400ml or 500ml and they put a bigger head on it to stop the beer from oxidising. Cheers, I do like a good beer [emoji16][emoji481][emoji106]