What Are You Drinking ?

I don't know why but it is the rule. If I'm ever in a boozer and bottles topped like that are what's getting bought and sunk.

I seen this on Twitter the other day :

20240107_201813.thumb.jpg.4fb4200739a3416d04483f493ee1186a.jpg

No wonder the till is empty, tbh.

9 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I don't know why but it is the rule. If I'm ever in a boozer and bottles topped like that are what's getting bought and sunk.

I seen this on Twitter the other day :

20240107_201813.thumb.jpg.4fb4200739a3416d04483f493ee1186a.jpg

No wonder the till is empty, tbh.

Jeezo that's grim.

Great name for a beer. Liquid Refreshment, a NZ IPA from Wellington’s Garage Project. It’s a refreshing liquid and have 3 more cans after this one. 

BREWED WITHLiquid Hop Kief, southern cross, Nelson, Riwaka, & Rakau

Care for a Liquid Refreshment? 100% Kiwi hopped NZ IPA, brewed with a selection of Aotearoa's finest and finished with a hit of brand new liquid Motueka Sub Zero Hop Kief. Bright golden IPA with clean, snappy bitterness and luscious lifted notes of citrus, feijoa and ripe stone fruit. Just pure refreshment - it’s Kiwi in a can.

IMG_0128.jpeg

Edited by Eednud

On the sauce from Sauce Brewing Co., Marrickville (Sydney). Their Pacific Ale which is a mid strength 3.5%, like a few Aussie Pacific Ales. Pleasantly drinkable and would buy again.

IMG_0133.jpeg

Roald Amundsen made it all the way from to the South Pole. Now his namesake, Amundsen Brewery, has managed it all the way from Oslo to South Australia with a Hopbliminal Messages New England IPA. It’s travelled well.

IMG_0135.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Theo said:

Any recommendations for beer glasses which will retain the head of a beer? I mainly drink imported German and Czech pilsner/lager.

A couple swiped from your local should do it. As long as they've no been through the glass washer a 1000 times. 

3 hours ago, Theo said:

Any recommendations for beer glasses which will retain the head of a beer? I mainly drink imported German and Czech pilsner/lager.

Classic German pub glass is the Willi Becher style. This is about as cheap as I can see in the UK without ordering 12 of them - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Luminarc-Concept-Willibecher-Tumbler-AJ3400-Loose/dp/B0108G599W/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?crid=3QVV1OSBS5CH8&keywords=willi+becher+glass&qid=1705077175&sprefix=willi+becher+glass%2Caps%2C180&sr=8-8

6 hours ago, Theo said:

If you're drinking Czech pilsner then the key is to maximise volume rather than maintain a thimble-width with a narrow glass. Something like this:

https://thornbridgebrewery.co.uk/products/the-czech-mates-pack-20-beers-and-budvar-glass

poured with a correct head will do. 

2 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Classic German pub glass is the Willi Becher style. This is about as cheap as I can see in the UK without ordering 12 of them - 

That's really not a classic German pub glass unless it has been turned into a Wetherspoons recently. 

And even, the dimpled ale glasses from Wetherspoons would be a better option than that generic shite. 

IMG_20240112_190124.thumb.jpg.1609cd2d39e52faffda09713a892caec.jpg

Reads like type 2 diabetes but it's actually well balanced, not overly sweet at all. Mostly coffee/chocolate bitterness before an Irish cream liqueur finish to stop it getting too dry. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

IMG_20240112_190124.thumb.jpg.1609cd2d39e52faffda09713a892caec.jpg

Reads like type 2 diabetes but it's actually well balanced, not overly sweet at all. Mostly coffee/chocolate bitterness before an Irish cream liqueur finish to stop it getting too dry. 

Jings! Is that even beer?