What Are You Drinking ?

Modelo this evening, having visited the Day Today shop in Alloa Road Stenny, which gets talked up as having a great choice of beers. Afraid not. I like Modelo but it's not really what I went there for. 

My homemade cider is a few days from being ready so it's just Modelo and maybe a dram later 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Modelo this evening, having visited the Day Today shop in Alloa Road Stenny, which gets talked up as having a great choice of beers. Afraid not. I like Modelo but it's not really what I went there for. 

My homemade cider is a few days from being ready so it's just Modelo and maybe a dram later 

Mind when the supermarkets used to do loads of class lager style beers from across the world? Asda used to a tremendous deal of three 4 packs for £12 and had a top selection, such as Cusqueña*, Quilmes, Brahma, Bud 66**, Lowebraü, Tiger, Singha and loads of others).

I love the selection of beers most supermarkets have now, bit would love if they brought back a big lager/pilsner section like they used to have.

*Not seen this in years. Loved that stuff.

**Yeah, come at me! Thought it was great!

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Mind when the supermarkets used to do loads of class lager style beers from across the world? Asda used to a tremendous deal of three 4 packs for £12 and had a top selection, such as Cusqueña*, Quilmes, Brahma, Bud 66**, Lowebraü, Tiger, Singha and loads of others).

I love the selection of beers most supermarkets have now, bit would love if they brought back a big lager/pilsner section like they used to have.

*Not seen this in years. Loved that stuff.

**Yeah, come at me! Thought it was great!

Cusquena changed IMO, as did Brahma. When Brahma changed from the twisty bottle the beer also went shit. The first few times I tried Cusquena I was raving about it but it too seemed to go downhill

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Cusquena changed IMO, as did Brahma. When Brahma changed from the twisty bottle the beer also went shit. The first few times I tried Cusquena I was raving about it but it too seemed to go downhill

Ah that's a shame, absolutely loved Cusqueña. Brahma was nice too (aye I do mind it was a screw top). I used to have buy three 4 packs (for £12) on a Friday night and drink them over the course of the evening before the football when I was (much) younger and was absolutely fine. If I did that today I'd wake up tired as f**k, thirsty as f**k (with the dehydration headache) and would have to shite at least twice during the day!

Hopefully the lager/pilsner Wwill make a comeback in the shops. I have seen a few more (Korev, Brooklyn) recently so would love to see a section of more of them alongside the 'craft' beers as well. 

Basically, the bigger selection the better!

On 17/06/2023 at 18:04, The Naitch said:

No pictures but was able to sample the new cherry and vanilla Kraken rum during the week. Game changer.

This is on my list lol. Whereabouts did you find it?

I opened this last week and finishing the last half now. Xmas present from the parents; my dad gave me it and said 'I think you'll like this one'. He was mostly right. I love the smell and the initial goodness, but there's something in the aftertaste that I dunno about. I'm not sure if it's a taste I don't like, or if I'm expecting something that it's not giving me. There's one or two unidentifiable factors that are keeping it at 7/10 instead of pushing it up to a 10/10. Do not fret tho, I am enjoying it :)

117. Chivas Regal.jpg

Sorry not sorry for the double post lol (my browser doesn't like quoting people from two different pages and uploading my own pic all at once)

On 23/06/2023 at 19:45, stimpy said:

Tonight I will mostly be drinking my father's day gift from the girls. 7am start tomorrow so just one or two. 

Had this at New Year's 19->20 with my dad (and my ex). I liked it :)
Mainly this comment and doublepost is because of your picture though. It's probably the design on the tumbler itself, but that picture/glass looks photogenic as f**k. I been taking pics of interesting drink or bottles for facebook since 2018/2020, but viewing this thread I think I need to up my game.

Goliath NEIPA from Six Twelve Brewing in St Agnes, an Adelaide suburb. Might have had this one before, it’s very hoppy and it’s 6.6% A dangerous brew as it doesn’t taste strong which might be the David to this Goliath. 

IMG_9552.jpeg