Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

Going along to watch Western Australian State Division 1 winner's Rockingham FC play Perth Glory FC in a friendly on wednesday at the ridiculous kick off time of 1615

Should be a entertaining game, especially with Rockingham winning the title last week and gaining WA NPL status.

Also looking forward to seeing Glory line up again

Sent from my H4133 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, ah-dee said:
12 hours ago, Marten said:
Today I visited the last ground in League 1 I haven't visited before. Stair Park for Stranraer v East Fife, finished 0-2.

i used to love a day out in stranraer. will need to visit again soon

I enjoyed my trip, nice day out altogether, not just because of the football! :)

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 14:44, Audaces Fortuna Juvat said:

Haven't got round to downloading pics, but Holyhead Hotspur v Llnrhaeadr Y Monchant recently and Warrenpoint v Linfield on Friday night, followed by Norn Iron v Bosnia & Herzegovina yesterday.

20180825_133117.jpg

22 hours ago, Marten said:

Today I visited the last ground in League 1 I haven't visited before. Stair Park for Stranraer v East Fife, finished 0-2.20180922_150038.jpg20180922_150523.jpg

That’s only one I’ve not been to either ! Need to go although I’ve been on 41 for about 5 years :lol: 

6 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Going there on Friday v Karviná. Printed my ticket, about £5.50. Hoping to go to Dukla on Saturday too.

Enjoy mate. It is a short tram ride from town and a beautiful setting for a game. Beer is cheap too, and that can only be good. Fans stayed behind their side throughout, although there were too many Shellick tops for my liking.

I did Dukla in March and it is a great setting too. There were probably 1,000 there, with a huge % of tourists. Again, cheap to get in and the spice hot dog sausage was a treat at £1. Great views from the main stand as well.

Edited by Audaces Fortuna Juvat

Ardrossan Winton Rovers 2 v 4 Largs Thistle. Nice night for a trip down the coast, a fish supper at the beach and a surprisingly intense game of football under the devil's (faint) illumination. A yellow moon tried its best to help out for a while, before hiding itself behind a cloud.

IMG_20180924_190547061.thumb.jpg.01fa61071abfafdda8827f2cb36dc4dc.jpg

IMG_20180924_195835737~2.jpg

Ardrossan Winton Rovers 2 v 4 Largs Thistle. Nice night for a trip down the coast, a fish supper at the beach and a surprisingly intense game of football under the devil's (faint) illumination. A yellow moon tried its best to help out for a while, before hiding itself behind a cloud.  

IMG_20180924_190547061.thumb.jpg.01fa61071abfafdda8827f2cb36dc4dc.jpg

5ba9750704a40_IMG_20180924_1958357372.thumb.jpg.18bf479dcf7180ea4dc7cd770a6c19e0.jpg

Cracking looking wee ground[emoji122] 

Edited. Not too sure of the wee?! Looks fair size for junior when many are smaller n compact.

51 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Cracking looking wee groundemoji122.png 

Edited. Not too sure of the wee?! Looks fair size for junior when many are smaller n compact.

You could get a decent crowd in there. Behind the south-west goal there's a large terrace with good concrete steps that was obviously covered at one point. Most of the stand is sadly out of a commission but there are still a few rows of seats at the front. Either side of the stand are covered standing areas, I don't think these are terraced though. Round the rest of the pitch there's 3-4 steps of terracing plus grass banking behind, and more cover here too. For a club that aren't a 'name' in the juniors I thought it was a surprisingly large and good quality ground. And considering it was just a friendly on a Monday night, a crowd of about 100 was pretty impressive. Definitely a place you'd be happy to visit.

I worked in Ayrshire in the late 70s and I used to drive past on the main street and see the ground away at the end of Winton Street with a dinky wee stand. Finally went to a game there last season. I think they were a big enough name back in the day.

sunday afternoon's entertainment - Fiorentina v Atalanta, in the heart of the Curva Fiesole - for €14.00 - we're so fucked in this country with regard to pricing for football !

admittedly, it's just open air seating (albeit in one of italian football's iconic stadia), but in late September with temperatures forecast to be in the high twenties, I'll put up with that, thanks very much....

image.png.17942f5cecc8f00232dea2c5a501a831.png

pistoiese v gozzano lined up for saturday afternoon - at this rate, they'll be paying me to go in.....