Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

On 11/12/2017 at 09:38, Shanner said:

The atmosphere was saved by the away fans though. That's the 2nd time I've seen Pompey away from home and their travelling support has terrific numbers even if their songbook is the same generic pish that every English side sees to use and the guys with the cow bells and bugles could do with standing on upturned plugs. 

Yeah, seen them a few times away from home, usually take upwards of a thousand.

Edited by LondonHMFC

On 12/11/2017 at 09:48, sjc said:

Was given free tickets to the Ehime v Gunma game today. Finished 4-2 to Ehime but seeing fainting frog mascot, ippei-kun was the highlight.

DI7ysgiXcAAKu6-.jpg.a7b0fa6ca418e905f4806902fcb5a4f8.jpgimages.jpg.23b4b7e330162548171fbd1b8c933258.jpg 

On 12/11/2017 at 11:18, 7-2 said:

That has to be the best picture ever taken. :lol:

15 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Croaked it? 

Wonderful stuff. :lol::thumsup2

Plans for my European football trip coming together very nicely. Mainz V Stuttgart (Sat 20th January) and Schalke V Hannover (Sunday 21st January) already booked. 1st one through family.

Waiting on tickets for Vfl Bochum V MSV Duisburg (Tuesday 23rd) and Fortuna Dusseldorf V Erzgbirge Aue (Wednesday 24th) to go on sale. As I'm travelling through the Netherlands also going to Telstar V AZ Alkmaar Jong on Friday 26th. 

Only questions I have for those of you with German football experience is. For ticket and travel. How long before and after KO is it valid,  what distance and does it include Bundersliga 2 games?  I'm staying in Dusseldorf. Thanks.

I was recently in Valencia for a weekend with the good lady and had hoped to get even an outside view of the famous Mestalla stadium. Fortunately there was a league match scheduled for the Saturday lunchtime (vs Legranes) which allowed us to attend a La Liga match from the incredibly high stands behind the goal for a princely 15 Euros (£20 to watch Saints by comparison) I wouldn't normally try and persuade my partner to watch a game but the atmosphere before the match with both coaches arriving and a brass band welcoming the Valencia players to the stadium was enough to convince the dear lady that two hours sitting in the sunshine would be decent compensation if the game turned out to be less than exciting. Neednt have worried though, a 3-0 home win kept the stadium and the 39,800 fans, us included, entertained. The other local team , Levante, whom I didn't realise are also in the top division, were playing the next day but the 4 hours or so at the Mestalla was more than enough to dare when broaching the subject of football, lol. Apparently the stadium is on its last legs as a new one has been in construction for several years, but for aficionados of atmospheric grounds, its one not to be missed.

4 hours ago, atfccfc said:

Plans for my European football trip coming together very nicely. Mainz V Stuttgart (Sat 20th January) and Schalke V Hannover (Sunday 21st January) already booked. 1st one through family.

Waiting on tickets for Vfl Bochum V MSV Duisburg (Tuesday 23rd) and Fortuna Dusseldorf V Erzgbirge Aue (Wednesday 24th) to go on sale. As I'm travelling through the Netherlands also going to Telstar V AZ Alkmaar Jong on Friday 26th. 

Only questions I have for those of you with German football experience is. For ticket and travel. How long before and after KO is it valid,  what distance and does it include Bundersliga 2 games?  I'm staying in Dusseldorf. Thanks.

As regards Mainz. Your match ticket is valid for travel in the RNN area the complete match day through to 4am the following morning. This won't be of much use if coming from Düsseldorf since the main area it covers is to the Southwest of Mainz.

Your match ticket is also valid for the RMV area which takes in everything from Mainz over to Frankfurt including all the regional trains in the greater Frankfurt area. Here the ticket is valid for travel from 5 hours before K/O through to 4am.

Train to either Frankfurt Hbf or Wiesbaden Hbf, then a RB/RE to Mainz Hbf. From there it's ca. 4km to the stadium. There's umpteen shuttle-busses in operation on match-days both to & from the stadium.

For Schalke. Both Düsseldorf and Gelsenkirchen are in the VRR area . All the RB/RE trains are included in your match ticket. Once arriving into Gelsenkirchen, go down to the U-Bahn section and take the 302 out to the stadium. Takes ca. 15 minutes.

For both Bochum & Fortuna Düsseldorf, same applies as regards VRR. Never been to Bochum, but from Bochum Hbf it's a 3 minute tram-ride, Lines 308 or 318.

For Fortuna, the stadium is right next to the exhibition centre. Line 78 from the Hbf, takes ca. 15 minutes to ESPRIT Arena / Messe Nord. For Fortuna, your ticket is valid all day on match-days, through to 3am the following morning.

Edited by German Jag

3 hours ago, German Jag said:

As regards Mainz. Your match ticket is valid for travel in the RNN area the complete match day through to 4am the following morning. This won't be of much use if coming from Düsseldorf since the main area it covers is to the Southwest of Mainz.

Your match ticket is also valid for the RMV area which takes in everything from Mainz over to Frankfurt including all the regional trains in the greater Frankfurt area. Here the ticket is valid for travel from 5 hours before K/O through to 4am.

Train to either Frankfurt Hbf or Wiesbaden Hbf, then a RB/RE to Mainz Hbf. From there it's ca. 4km to the stadium. There's umpteen shuttle-busses in operation on match-days both to & from the stadium.

For Schalke. Both Düsseldorf and Gelsenkirchen are in the VRR area . All the RB/RE trains are included in your match ticket. Once arriving into Gelsenkirchen, go down to the U-Bahn section and take the 302 out to the stadium. Takes ca. 15 minutes.

For both Bochum & Fortuna Düsseldorf, same applies as regards VRR. Never been to Bochum, but from Bochum Hbf it's a 3 minute tram-ride, Lines 308 or 318.

For Fortuna, the stadium is right next to the exhibition centre. Line 78 from the Hbf, takes ca. 15 minutes to ESPRIT Arena / Messe Nord. For Fortuna, your ticket is valid all day on match-days, through to 3am the following morning.

Absolutely superb stuff German Jag.  Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if the travel was only valid in each city and didn't want to get on a train in Dusseldorf with only my match ticket and cop a fine. The Mainz match won't really matter as my family live in Mainz and I'm using a season ticket, which I'll get when i meet them. Their feeding me all day so can't complain. The info for the two 2nd division games is great also. Thank you.

On the day of the Bochum game I was going to go to Dortmund for a stadium tour and the German football museum. I take it I'll only be able to use my Match ticket from Dortmund to Bochum and then from Bochum to Dusseldorf after the game? 

35 minutes ago, atfccfc said:

Absolutely superb stuff German Jag.  Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if the travel was only valid in each city and didn't want to get on a train in Dusseldorf with only my match ticket and cop a fine. The Mainz match won't really matter as my family live in Mainz and I'm using a season ticket, which I'll get when i meet them. Their feeding me all day so can't complain. The info for the two 2nd division games is great also. Thank you.

On the day of the Bochum game I was going to go to Dortmund for a stadium tour and the German football museum. I take it I'll only be able to use my Match ticket from Dortmund to Bochum and then from Bochum to Dusseldorf after the game? 

If you're not going to be in possesion of your ticket for the Mainz game, prior to arriving in Mainz, then the train ticket you'll need to purchase won't be from Düsseldorf to Frankfurt/Wiesbaden but from Düsseldorf Hbf to Mainz Hbf. Same for going back since presumably you won't have the season ticket any more.

No idea, as regards your question regarding to & from the museum.

20 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Gateshead V Tranmere this weekend, a nice 650 mile round trip.

Not a great place to watch football really, but you are handy enough for Newcastle. If I was able to get there, North Shields v. Morpeth would be my choice in that area.

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Not a great place to watch football really, but you are handy enough for Newcastle. If I was able to get there, North Shields v. Morpeth would be my choice in that area.

Purely down to a free ticket, and ticking off Tyne & Wear for the season. 

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I went for the same reasons a couple of years ago. To be fair, they know it's rubbish and are trying to move.

Yeah, have seen they want to move. Quite a few games in the area tomorrow. Millwall away to Sunderland as well. 

3 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Yeah, have seen they want to move. Quite a few games in the area tomorrow. Millwall away to Sunderland as well. 

North East is always good for choice. I'm usually there during the week and can usually get to two. At a push you could do four as a couple of teams have Monday and Thursday as their designated midweek night, I'm not quite that keen though.

wherever you're going this weekend, just be careful out there - don't want anyone to suffer a similar fate to this...

DIaMCgDUIAE3S7H.jpg

mind - I suppose a football related demise having been "mangled to death by a goods train" is a fair enough way to go, if you must....

Was down in the big smoke for the weekend and managed a South East triple header last Saturday ... 

Redbridge 3 Burnham Ramblers 1 @12 

IMG_0620.PNG

Tower Hamlets 1 Enfield 2 in the FA Vase at 3pm finished 7 v 10 a side ! 

IMG_0718.PNG

And then got the high speed train to the big one Ebbsfleet United 2 Leyton Orient 1. 

IMG_0719.PNG

Edited by Rab B Nesbit