Random Matches You Are Going To...

Haitch

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

His house must be like the Black Hole of Calutta, if a night at Falkirk v. Brechin as a neutral is better.

:lol: 

Night in tonight though Sarge. 

Lothian Thistle v Vale of Leithen was postponed frozen pitch :lol: 

an otherwise tedious weekend visiting the step-son and his peculiar girlfriend in darkest Cheshire has just been enlivened by the prospect of Congleton Town v Padiham in the Hallmark Securities North West Counties League (too low a level to be listed on soccerway !); they have a clubhouse which can be hired as an ideal and affordable venue for corporate events, family occasions or children's parties, so presumably there is a bar (and possibly balloons and jelly babies) - fucking ace.

either that or I'm going to photoshop myself on to grainy pictures of the Curva Sud at Stadio Ezio Scida and claim to have gone to Crotone v Atalanta instead :P

Edited by Herman Hessian

1 hour ago, Herman Hessian said:

an otherwise tedious weekend visiting the step-son and his peculiar girlfriend in darkest Cheshire has just been enlivened by the prospect of Congleton Town v Padiham in the Hallmark Securities North West Counties League (too low a level to be listed on soccerway !); they have a clubhouse which can be hired as an ideal and affordable venue for corporate events, family occasions or children's parties, so presumably there is a bar (and possibly balloons and jelly babies) - fucking ace.

either that or I'm going to photoshop myself on to grainy pictures of the Curva Sud at Stadio Ezio Scida and claim to have gone to Crotone v Atalanta instead :P

:lol: I am sure they love you too.

Fascinated to hear what makes her peculiar?

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You'll be fine. I've not been there, but haven't been to any that don't have a bar. Drink usually ok at pitch side in a plastic tumbler. Is there no Evo stick games. They have some cracking grounds.

i've not checked the whole set of games but Congleton's ground is literally two minutes walk from their house, where we're stopping, so maximum convenience; Macc are at home, as are Newcastle Town, Crewe Alex, Nantwich, Witton (Stafford - but been there), Wolverhampton Sporting in th FA Vase  - so  few to choose from, but I'm pretty sure laziness will win out...

5 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

i've not checked the whole set of games but Congleton's ground is literally two minutes walk from their house, where we're stopping, so maximum convenience; Macc are at home, as are Newcastle Town, Crewe Alex, Nantwich, Witton (Stafford - but been there), Wolverhampton Sporting in th FA Vase  - so  few to choose from, but I'm pretty sure laziness will win out...

Congleton it is!

1 hour ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Newcastle Town is an interesting one as you probably know. Inside a velodrome.

newcastle-town-lyme-valley-stadium-28.jp

ahhh - 'tis indeed the marseille of the potteries !

'cept wi' cribbage, banks's, robbie earle and anthea turner rather than baccarat,  pastis, eric cantona and roxane mesquida....

Neuchatel tonight to see if Aarau can follow up their win against 2nd top with a win against the league leaders. Cracking wee ground in a tremendous city, though due to work and travel time I will only get there in time to go straight to the ground and have a bevvy while the match is on.

6 hours ago, Ross. said:

Neuchatel tonight to see if Aarau can follow up their win against 2nd top with a win against the league leaders. Cracking wee ground in a tremendous city, though due to work and travel time I will only get there in time to go straight to the ground and have a bevvy while the match is on.

As expected, 3-1 to Xamax. Early goal for Aarau followed by 80 minutes of pish, only eased by the free flowing Boxer beer.

FWIW I love the Stade Maladiere or whatever the f**k the French speaking c***s call it.

523E1C37-BACA-44EB-9E27-604C09E56F6E.jpeg

D5342D9D-AEFD-4ECE-AE96-A98DB4F3ED19.jpeg

macclesfield town  2 - 1 guiseley

macc have gone back to the top of the conference with this win, and were absolute dogshite; quality has really gone downhill if they're representative of what goes on at that level now (obviously, shades of brazil/barca/bayern when Rovers were down there); crowd just over 1400, of which 78 had travelled from west yorkshire (well - 77 from west yorkshire and one from east sussex to be strictly fair !)

maccvguisley.thumb.jpg.8f791ae0247fd43d2217df83c34eac2f.jpg