Your "other" Teams (and Why)?

AyrshireTon

Just curious.

England - Southampton (My cousin lives there & I've been to see them)

Europe -

Paris Saint Germain (I've been to see them stuff Liverpool in Paris)

CS Maritimo (bought their strip & visited their ground on my honeymoon)

Fremad Valby (Denmark - my uncle played for them years ago)

Other Scottish

Deveronvale (great memories of Highland tour last season)

Largs Thistle (my local junior side)

I own strips of all of the above.

AT

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only support Ross County, but I follow Bolton, and have a soft-spot for Hamilton, although not when they are in the same division as us.

I support the San Francisco Giants in baseball, and the Scottish Saltires and England in Cricket.

I only support Ross County, but I follow Bolton, and have a soft-spot for Hamilton, although not when they are in the same division as us.

I support the San Francisco Giants in baseball, and the Scottish Saltires and England in Cricket.

Can I ask.. why Hamilton? :blink:

We played them on the day we won promotion from the first division. They got relegated to the third, after the SFL right royally (and illegally) shafted them for ten points for their players taking Union-endorsed strike action.

After the game, the Hamilton players went over to the County fans, and the County players went over to the Hamilton fans. They were top class.

In england southampton as i lived there for a year, worked there so got to be paid to see games.

No other teams really

IN Baseball its the Atlanta Braves, due to being near there thats all i get to see. *3-1 series win over Bonds and the giants....... including seeing a young pitcher outclass him in the 1 time he played him striking him out easily.....*

Cricket want England to win tests n one day internationals, obviously also the saltires and have a soft spot for Hampshire, as went to a few games when i was there.

St Etienne, as I first saw them at Hampden in '76. I still look out for their result and fortunes. Delighted to see them back in the frog first division.

Arsenal - Where's the photo of Mickey Thomas. My dad was a Liverpool fan (although now he's Man U) so I picked Arsenal that great friday night in 1989.

Monaco - Uefa Cup 1999.

Wouldn't say any other team i 'support' but probably could name a favourite team in each of the major countries.

Guest MichaelCollins

Besides the Jags...

Barcelona. Was there last October, and visited the Nou Camp. Got the tour, and impressed the people there with my indepth knowledge of European football and my love of this "wonderful Scottish football team" (qoute). We even speculated over the possibility of a Scottish team vs Barca in the CL (hey, spot on twice in a year haha!), and whilst I was there I joined the Barcelona fan club. They gave me a Barca strip and scarf in return. Even got my photo with the guide next to a poster in the museum depicting a Partick Thistle vs Barcelona friendly game....the actual result of that match is unimportant.

Also, I have affection for VfB Stuttgart in Germany, and Norwich City in England (a friend supports them madly, I'll be quite glad to see them survive in the Premiership).

To be honest I can name a team in most European leagues I watch out for, but my really affections are for partick and barcelona. And the Scottish national team of course!

Guest Bhoys67

England.....Watford,cause a im a big fan of Elton's, but the main reason is that

they continue to survive as a club. When their mad dash from the old division 4 to the 1st division they played some really good football. Now with the major loss

of tv revenue, they are just struggling to stay afloat. When they get to buy the

Vic back their future will look better.

Canada....Toronto Lynx Fc..My local side very seldom win games but are

sending players to Europe. The received about $200,000 from selling players

this season, yet the struggle in this soccer mad city with gates around

2,000, pathetic really but thats Canadian footballteam.jpg

In europe i used to try and follow castel di sangro's results, I read a quality book about them once. They got from their equivalent of sunday league football to seria B in about 10 years. Kinda lost track of where they are now though.

Go and watch the saltires whenever i can. WIsh i was at the scotland vs bangladesh game today would be good day out!

Test cricket i quite like seeing england do well (as they have had quite a few scots over the years so its more of a british team) and I have a soft spot for the windies!

Archived