Your "other" Teams (and Why)?

AyrshireTon

Crackin thread!!

Scotland

Tayport (localish junoir side- seen them lots)

Hibs / Stirling Albion (team mates now play there)

England

Nottingham Forest (says Nottingham on my birth certificate for some reason :ph34r: )

Leeds United (brother lived near for years- watched them)

Europe

Boavista (played against them, got humped 12ish-0)

Juventus (scored twice in 2-1 win against them (not many Scots can say that) :D )

International

Always support the underdog!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guinness_Alan

Rothes (Highland league). I lived there before I moved to Ayrshire and still support them. I always look out for their results and we are hopefully going to see them soon.

Cork City. I love Cork, and they are sponsored by Guinness (a cheeky wee bit of advertising by Guinness, as the Murphys and Beamish breweries are in Cork). :guinness

Lyn (Oslo). My girlfriend's name (when she's not being AyrDelighted) is Lyn, so we always look out for the results. We will be going to the Scotland game in Norway, and the game will be played in Lyn's stadium. :) B)

Fulham. I was in London one weekend (about 1980) and went to see Fulham v Chelsea. I have a black & white scarf that I sometimes wear to Ayr games which I bought at that Fulham game, and I still look to see how they are getting on.

There is another team in England which I used to have an affinity for, but I haven't been to see them for 6 or 7 years. That affinity has gone now. Let's just say I could never support a team which has Wayne Rooney and Alan Smith in it! :angry: Before I hear any cries of glory hunter, I started watching them because Denis Law is my all-time hero. I went to see them when they were pish, I was there the day Denis relegated them, and I went to see them in the old 2nd division. But Wayne Rooney?!?!?! :yucky:guns

Guest mrs stainrod

English teams

Always look for Southampton and Wolves' results.

Scottish

Check Spartans cause I know a guy that plays for them. ;)

No idea except they were on telly the other night and tried very hard to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. My kind of team :D

Their supporters are incredible! They never stop singing from kick off right through!

Manchester United Started supporting them when the Premiership began. I had a couple of their strips. And it's nice to have a bit glory now and then! :P

Grasshoppers Zurich I lived there and chose the team with the coolest name. Their stadium is a great wee ground as well.

Boston Red Sox I have no idea why. I like the fact that they're massive underachievers (see also: Cubs, Chicago)

Guest Guinness_Alan
No idea except they were on telly the other night and tried very hard to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. My kind of team :D

I thought it was maybe because you had a collection of TY Beanie Babies and liked their sponsor. :ph34r:

I'll get my coat.....

Guest SurreySaint

England - Chelsea, the nearest Club to where I know live. Train to Wimbledon and tube to Fulham Broadway, takes about 20 mins. Went on a a trip to London where we tried to do everything that was free, walked up the Kings Road and then decided to see if we could get into the Bridge. Groundsman said nae bother as a Chelsea player had just been transferred to St Johnstone. Only time I ever stood in the Shed and we got shown around for free. Difficult and expensive to get tickets.

Jeanfield Swifts - Plenty PSJ players have come from the ranks of this less than successful junior team. Have played Cub Scout Cup Finals on the hallowed turf of Simpson Park. The Jeanie was a great wee social club and was well handy for getting the bus to McD. Sad days that the original ground has been sold for housing development

DC UNITED - Lived in DC for two years so naturally went along to see them.

They play in the RFK Stadium which was the old Washington Redskins football stadium before they moved to the Fedex. Saw a great world cup qualifier between USA and Honduras, Honduras humped them 3 -1 I think. 55,00 capacity with 40,000 mental Hondurans, got some great pictures.

Tanjong Pagar Jaguars - Lived in Singapore for a year 1999-2000 and that was my local team, not doing so well this year. Only one other Jaguars fan on this site.

De Graafschap: Provincial. Blue and white hoops. Big crowds. Underachievers. Dutch. Well, four out of five ain't bad.

MSV Duisburg: A few MSV fans tried to strike up a relationship with Morton fans, as both teams play in the unfashionable blue and white hoops (Zebrastreifen blau und weiss :)). I always look out for their results and play as them in Champ Manager.

Dallas Burn: Only been to one of their matches, but as my girlfriend's from Dallas I should go to more.

Nantes: I love Nantes. Beautiful city in a great part of France, and a good team to boot.

In england I like to see Cardiff and Swansea do well simply because I enjoy seeing english teams getting beat.

Got a soft spot for Barca, took the tour and saw them beat Legia Warsaw 3-1 in CL qualifier a few years ago. F. De Boer scored a peach of a free kick and Riquelme dribbled through the entire Legia team to score on his debut.

In Italy I'm fond of Lazio as their fans are mental and don't accept their over paid heroes lack of effort. Saw the documentary on the hooligans a few years ago and whilst I don't condone the violence etc. I liked it when they baracaded the players in the training ground when they'd been humped by Roma.

In Argentina I like Boca simply cause I grew up watching Maradona and saw wee clips of him doing amazing things for them.

In Scotland it's ICT obviously and Star Hearts who I've been watching since just the start of this season. They're playing awesome football in a 3-4-3 formation. Real entertainment.

Archived