Scots Independence Referendum

Guest RTB

Scots Independence  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Scots are Brits.

Scottish culture is part of British culture.

to be Scottish is to be British.

Im a Scot and never a brit. You still have not answered the question!!!!!

You were born on the island of Great Britain. Therefore you are a Brit.

You might be Scottish as well. You may well have been born here. But Scotland is part of Britain. You are both Scottish AND British.

My grandparents fought for Britain in the British army. Many other Scots did this and they also died to protect our island. If you want a definition of Britishness then I suppose laying down your life for your island does the trick. Scots, Iirish, Welsh and English fighting as one to protect their islands.

I've answered it about 3 times and you have just ignored it every time. Just because my definition of a Brit isn't necessarily the one you want to hear, doesn't mean I haven't answered the question.

Why? Genuine question.

Edit to clarify: more so on the second statement.

Because I consider myself to be 100% Scottish and feel no affinity to Great Britain as a unified entity. I don't have a problem with people from England and Wales but don't like being placed under this Brit umbrella. I'm a Scot, my passport might say I'm British, not a lot I can do about that but hopefully that will change one day.

Because I consider myself to be 100% Scottish and feel no affinity to Great Britain as a unified entity. I don't have a problem with people from England and Wales but don't like being placed under this Brit umbrella. I'm a Scot, my passport might say I'm British, not a lot I can do about that but hopefully that will change one day.

But to feel Scottish is to feel British, since to be Scottish is to be British. It's self defined.

But to feel Scottish is to feel British, since to be Scottish is to be British. It's self defined.

No it's not. Your nationality is what you feel comfortable with. I'm Scottish and don't describe myself as a Brit or feel British in any way. I don't feel particularly European either. I am however a very proud Fifer - a kingdom within an ancient kingdom.

No it's not. Your nationality is what you feel comfortable with. I'm Scottish and don't describe myself as a Brit or feel British in any way. I don't feel particularly European either. I am however a very proud Fifer - a kingdom within an ancient kingdom.

To be a Fifer is to be Scottish is to be British is to be European :P

Stop talkng to him. He is seriously fucked up.

And he is a disgrace to any Scotsman that fought and died for Britain in two world wars and other conflicts.

Im still waiting on you to tell me what Britishness is?

Stop talkng to him. He is seriously fucked up.

And he is a disgrace to any Scotsman that fought and died for Britain in two world wars and other conflicts.

I think we should set Maggy Thatcher on him.

Archived