Scots Independence Referendum

Guest RTB

Scots Independence  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

totally agree,but wheres all this cash thats meant to be going in???

those figures are for the last 40 years,surely after that time you would have thought there might have been an improvement

I think it is very difficult. There are community programmes aplenty, but what do they actually achieve?

Whilst in the bookies the other day, I heard very depressingly a punter telling the counter staff how it just wasn't worth his while to get a job.

We have the balance all wrong, and encourage benefit dependency.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately it has been necessary to completely ridicule your anti-English rant.

You still haven't told me the difference between Arbroath suckling off the Edinburgh teat and Scotland supposedly suckling from the UK or specifically South of England teat.

Yes, you made this anti-English accusation before, and I asked about it. You replied:

The embarrassing rhetoric about "London knows best", the more embarrassing rhetoric about "England's teat".

Your posts scream self-inadequacy, which considering you are still a student at your age, is probably understandable.

Which, personal jibe apart, is odd. It seems that "London knows best" is praise, and "England's teat" is an acknowledgement that England may have a lot more money than us and that we need to depend on their goodwill. What is anti-English about this? You never did answer, preferring cheap jibes.

"England's teat" is an acknowledgement that England may have a lot more money than us and that we need to depend on their goodwill.

Do they?

This is very much up for debate. In fact I very much dispute it is the case that the English regions have more money per head of population than Scotland at present.

And in what way do "we" (whoever we is) rely on anyone's goodwill?

You can tell you aren't married. I can only imagine what discussions you would have with a partner earning less than you. Would you remind her/him daily that they rely on your goodwill to pay the mortgage or buy the groceries? Would you be ashamed if your partner contributed more to the household budget than you?

And in what way do "we" (whoever we is) rely on anyone's goodwill?

No point in asking me, I was arguing the counter point on that one, ask your fellow unionists! Disco Duck maybe?

Do they?

This is very much up for debate. In fact I very much dispute it is the case that the English regions have more money per head of population than Scotland at present.

You never answered though, why is it "anti-English" to offer praise? :blink:

You never answered though, why is it "anti-English" to offer praise? :blink:

You didn't offer praise. You showed again your irrational fear of London and what you, and only you, seem to think it represents.

broken_record.jpg

Just like the union and its defenders.

Interesting how none of the unionists have yet explained to me what this sense of Britishness that is to be reinstalled is. :rolleyes:

I am also interested to know the unionists views on what happens to Scotland within the Utopian union when the oil does run out considering it costs so much for England to keep us. (according to the unionists) Conscription to the forces? Clearances of people for llama farming? Hillside haggis shooting?

Well!!!

Umm, who has mentioned "Britishness"? IT's actually the opposite. It's lurid Nationalists who are trying to tell us we should have some sort of "comeradeship" with fish farmers from Arbroath because they happen to have been spawned in Scotland.

You do know the UK hasn't always had oil revenue don't you?

..and that explains hmmmm nothing!!!! Answer the questions and stop trying to reverse what is being asked. I will wait for an explanation but i wont hold my breath too long!!!!!

Maybe third world country was wrong term.Meant more liek abackwater that has no susbtantive place in the world should Scotland choose to be independant. All the talented workers with skills would leave for places where they dont have to pay exorbinant taxes to satisfy some shortbread tin fantasy.I would much rather see a sense of Britishness reinstalled in this country to become a GREAT Britain as a UNITED kingdom than be part of a fragmented shambles.

So can no-one from the unionist bullshit generator explain?

You didn't offer praise. You showed again your irrational fear of London and what you, and only you, seem to think it represents.

"the embarrassing rhetoric about "London knows best", the more embarrassing rhetoric about "England's teat". "

Sounds like praise to me. How is it anti-English to offer praise? Feel free to make at least a token attempt at answering the question.

You are brilliant, handsome, intelligent, loved by the ladies of Stirling and beyond and not in any way disturbingly creepy :)

High praise now, don't let it go to your head...

How is it anti-English to offer praise? Feel free to make at least a token attempt at answering the question.
You are brilliant, handsome, intelligent, loved by the ladies of Stirling and beyond and not in any way disturbingly creepy :)

High praise now, don't let it go to your head...

Perhaps you missed the question I asked, I've quoted it again in case you missed it.

Xbl, I think you know as well as we do that you're "London knows best" tirade is sarcastic.

Surely you are not saying that things like that depend on the context, and that if you take something out of context it could mean something different? I can't see HB admitting such a thing.

Even if it is taken in a sarcastic manner though, I still don't see what is anti-English about it?

Last I heard, the head of the Westminster Govt. (and its chancellor) were both Scots! So, criticising the influence of the Scottish led Westminster Government is "anti-English" rhetoric? Surely HB isn't trying to say that criticising other Scots is an example of anti-Englishness?

What?

I'm sure being a Brit is fairly self-explanatory!

You're a bit unfortunate here, as you are now a bit of a victim of HB, given his inability to answer a question. But I think we are wondering about the "sense of Britishness" that we are supposed to feel. Its something mentioned by other posters (I don't know if by you though), and also by our glorious leader, one Prime Minister Brown.

Surely you are not saying that things like that depend on the context, and that if you take something out of context it could mean something different? I can't see HB admitting such a thing.

Well if anyone has interpreted your "London knows best!" tirade to be anything other than sarcastic, I'm pretty sure they've misinterpreted it.

Even if it is taken in a sarcastic manner though, I still don't see what is anti-English about it?

It's anti-UK. And if your issue is with centralised government, Independence is not necessarily the answer. Surely federalism is what you really want ;)

Last I heard, the head of the Westminster Govt. (and its chancellor) were both Scots! So, criticising the influence of the Scottish led Westminster Government is "anti-English" rhetoric? Surely HB isn't trying to say that criticising other Scots is an example of anti-Englishness?

See above.

You answer post #368 then because its not to me!

Explain what exactly?

All you've done is quote your broken record propaganda then an individual Unionist who wants British national pride to be re-instilled. As an individual's opinion, it is his role, and no one else's to explain anything you question about this assertion, when as far as I see it, no one has actually posed a specific question about the bit you highlighted.

Explain what exactly?

All you've done is quote your broken record propaganda then an individual Unionist who wants British national pride to be re-instilled. As an individual's opinion, it is his role, and no one else's to explain anything you question about this assertion, when as far as I see it, no one has actually posed a specific question about the bit you highlighted.

I want you to tell me what Britishness is. You are a self proclaimed Brit so tell me what is Britishness?

I want you to tell me what Britishness is. You are a self proclaimed Brit so tell me what is Britishness?

Pride in and/or identification with the customs, history, culture and society of Britain.

Just like "Scottishness" or "Vanuatuness"

Pride in and/or identification with the customs, history, culture and society of Britain.

:lol: CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just like Scottishness hahaha i thought you said we were all the same.

It's anti-UK. And if your issue is with centralised government, Independence is not necessarily the answer. Surely federalism is what you really want ;)

Anti-British is one thing, but why it is anti-English? This is what Im waiting for from HB.

Archived