Scots Independence Referendum

Guest RTB

Scots Independence  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit because I meant to reply to your message and forgot because it was so pathetic.

Is this the voice of reasoned Scottish Nationalism speaking?

Anti-British is one thing, but why it is anti-English? This is what Im waiting for from HB.

I'm sure that he's making the same presumption that I've seen many Nationalists make on this site and elsewhere, that with the Parliament being in Westminster, your criticism reflected the view is that we are being oppressed by a foreign Government dominated by English MPs (which is rather understandable given population, indeed it should have more London MPs than Scottish MPs to be truly representative!).

To be anti-Union is presumably to dislike other parts of the Union. Considering England's the biggest part, it's safe to assume that that is the direction of some of your anti!

Edit because I meant to reply to your message and forgot because it was so pathetic.

Is this the voice of reasoned Scottish Nationalism speaking?

I always speak with reason.

Is this the voice of brit nationalism, no answers apart from Scotland should not become independent because i said so.

Are you going to answer the questions?

Pathetic!!!!!!

These polls always end up the same way 55% aye, 45% naw....nae% undecided.

Leave it.

In your dreams its always the same from unionists they cant accept defeat.

Anti-British is one thing, but why it is anti-English? This is what Im waiting for from HB.

Your anti-Englishness is well documented. It's "wee man" syndrome, a fear of failure in the world outside your parochial window. That's also I suspect why you are still a student.

You have mentioned suckling the "English teat" (you didn't specify why you used English and not British advisedly) on a number of occasions, followed by your "London knows best" sarcastic post, indicating once again your fear of that city, which is irrational and slightly concerning.

As I've had to explain to you before, we aren't "ruled by London".

As I've had the courtesy to answer your questions, please tell me what an Independent Scotland is going to do about Arbroathians sucking the teat of Edinburgh.

Also, why did you call me a racist?

To be anti-Union is presumably to dislike other parts of the Union. Considering England's the biggest part, it's safe to assume that that is the direction of some of your anti!

The word "oppressed" has been used previously to describe Scotland's situation, which is actually fucking embarrassing when you consider how many peoples really are oppressed in this world.

I always speak with reason.

Is this the voice of brit nationalism, no answers apart from Scotland should not become independent because i said so.

Are you going to answer the questions?

Pathetic!!!!!!

What questions?

I've already said that Scotland should remain part of the Union because, based on the evidence I've seen, we would be economically worse off for no tangible long-term benefit. That and I see no paradox between pride of being Scottish and pride of being British.

The word "oppressed" has been used previously to describe Scotland's situation, which is actually fucking embarrassing when you consider how many peoples really are oppressed in this world.

And if anything, the fact that the Prime Minister and his next door neighbour are Scottish completely blows the argument out of the water!

Your anti-Englishness is well documented. It's "wee man" syndrome, a fear of failure in the world outside your parochial window. That's also I suspect why you are still a student.

You have mentioned suckling the "English teat" (you didn't specify why you used English and not British advisedly) on a number of occasions, followed by your "London knows best" sarcastic post, indicating once again your fear of that city, which is irrational and slightly concerning.

As I've had to explain to you before, we aren't "ruled by London".

As I've had the courtesy to answer your questions, please tell me what an Independent Scotland is going to do about Arbroathians sucking the teat of Edinburgh.

Also, why did you call me a racist?

Xbass seems to have had some sort of Damascus road conversion to rampant nationalism recently. He kinda started out being all non specific for his reasons for supporting the nationailists cause preferring to use the line of "give it a whirl, what the hell" rather than any sort of reasoned argument. It seems like he is just anti English though like most nats are. The basis for the argument isn't that Scotland could be better off on its own. It's that we hate the fucking English who rule us by force and make the poll tax happen and shut our mines and car plants and steelworks.

And the EU is stopping us from fishing BTW

What questions?

I've already said that Scotland should remain part of the Union because, based on the evidence I've seen, we would be economically worse off for no tangible long-term benefit. That and I see no paradox between pride of being Scottish and pride of being British.

You have answered like most unionists nothing that has been asked.

Guest Big_Andy
Mel Gibson fought and died for us! The least we can do is vote for Freeeedddoooommm! They cut his boabie off!

Why are Unionists always going on about Mel Gibson, William Wallace or Braveheart? Talk about obsession. It is ALWAYS Unionists who bring up that work of entertaining fiction, not Nationalists. :lol:

Seems to be the same pishy arguments from Unionists AND Nationalists, most of whom are going by heresy and paper talk. Try researching things in more depth and then make your judgements based on fact rather than heresy. The truth is though, no matter what research tells you anyways, we will not know if separation will be a good thing till well after it happens, structures are in place and we have lived with it for a while.

Anyhow guys, when the referendum finally happens (get aff yer erse Salmond) we will soon find out whether we will or will not be indepenent of the 'teat'. No point in really worrying about it now.

The basis for the argument isn't that Scotland could be better off on its own. It's that we hate the fucking English who rule us by force and make the poll tax happen and shut our mines and car plants and steelworks.

Yes, it's almost worth having Independence, just so people can see that the same people who are holding back this region from prospering are still workshy scroungers.

It is unfortunate, even without the scrounging scum to worry about, that not everyone can be a high earner, and not every region can prosper.

It's why there is a massive drift towards the population centres, and why kids from the wilds of Scotland who go to the big city Universities never go home again except for Christmas. Why would you want to go back to a fishing village with no prospects ?

Scotland would just be the UK on a smaller scale. Many of us would end up paying high taxes to subsidise the less fortunate and the workshy scrounging scum. It's just the way of the world.

Yes, it's almost worth having Independence, just so people can see that the same people who are holding back this region from prospering are still workshy scroungers.

It is unfortunate, even without the scrounging scum to worry about, that not everyone can be a high earner, and not every region can prosper.

It's why there is a massive drift towards the population centres, and why kids from the wilds of Scotland who go to the big city Universities never go home again except for Christmas. Why would you want to go back to a fishing village with no prospects ?

Scotland would just be the UK on a smaller scale. Many of us would end up paying high taxes to subsidise the less fortunate and the workshy scrounging scum. It's just the way of the world.

I wonder how many of the public sector jobs held in Scotland would be able to continue after independence? The majority of folk in work in Scotland have their snouts in the public sector trough. Not many would after independence without tax rising massively.

Our economy would need to be vastly different from what it is just now if we had any hope of making a go of it.

We would be reliant on foreign (and that would now include English) investment.

A lot of companies have centres up here as they have access to a cheap, well educated, skilled workforce in the central belt for a lesser price than it costs them in London, or areas around it like Reading, Slough etc.

Our salaries would have to remain low to stay competitive, as would corporate taxation, already criminally pared down by Labour down south.

We'd have to see in the medium term what companies with bases here would do. Obviously the banking industry is utterly fucked, so jobs in that arena will be decreasing rather than increasing.

We would have a chance if we were able to undercut England significantly enough to make it worth people's while to remain here and indeed expand, but with the rush to India and China and offshoring added to outsourcing, that is a shrinking market.

Our fortunes are tied medium term with the financial sector almost entirely. We have no manufacturing bases any more. We are just too expensive to compete there.

Why are Unionists always going on about Mel Gibson, William Wallace or Braveheart? Talk about obsession. It is ALWAYS Unionists who bring up that work of entertaining fiction, not Nationalists. :lol:

Seems to be the same pishy arguments from Unionists AND Nationalists, most of whom are going by heresy and paper talk. Try researching things in more depth and then make your judgements based on fact rather than heresy. The truth is though, no matter what research tells you anyways, we will not know if separation will be a good thing till well after it happens, structures are in place and we have lived with it for a while.

Anyhow guys, when the referendum finally happens (get aff yer erse Salmond) we will soon find out whether we will or will not be indepenent of the 'teat'. No point in really worrying about it now.

Is a unionist anyone that doesn't support Scottish independence?

Your anti-Englishness is well documented.

Where? All you've managed to dredge up is a sarcastic criticism of the Scottish led Labour party. What is anti-English about that?

...As I've had the courtesy to answer your questions...

After this point, I gave up reading and had a wee giggle.

Xbass seems to have had some sort of Damascus road conversion to rampant nationalism recently. He kinda started out being all non specific for his reasons for supporting the nationailists cause preferring to use the line of "give it a whirl, what the hell" rather than any sort of reasoned argument. It seems like he is just anti English though like most nats are. The basis for the argument isn't that Scotland could be better off on its own. It's that we hate the fucking English who rule us by force and make the poll tax happen and shut our mines and car plants and steelworks.

Oh don't you join in! Leave the man to flounder. :lol:

Where? All you've managed to dredge up is a sarcastic criticism of the Scottish led Labour party. What is anti-English about that?

After this point, I gave up reading and had a wee giggle.

Oh don't you join in! Leave the man to flounder. :lol:

So what has turned you from a carefree "f**k it, why not" type into some sort of neepheided nat?

Archived