Scots Independence Referendum

Guest RTB

Scots Independence  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So yes, I consider your leading question answered, and answered some time ago.

Erm, but as I have showm your answer is utter bollocks.

You'd have been better saying "orange, apples, gremlins" and it would have been as valid a response.

You can either hotfoot it away, or you can tell me what an Independent Scotland is going to do to ensure people of Arbroath and Dumfries contribute exactly as much to the Scottish economy as people from Stirling and Edinburgh.

If your answer is "they won't" then in what way will this be different from the people of the Scottish region contributing less than the people from the London region of the United Kingdom?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sometimes we can't always be self sufficient, however we should never be happy with dependence and should always make an effort to improve ourselves. Do you disagree with this?

Erm, this already happens. There are millions spent trying to boost investment and create jobs in deprived areas throughout the UK.

Who says people are happy that their region isn't the financial leader in the UK and aren't trying to increase prosperity?

Are you happy that I pay more tax than you?

Erm, but as I have showm your answer is utter bollocks.

You'd have been better saying "orange, apples, gremlins" and it would have been as valid a response.

You can either hotfoot it away, or you can tell me what an Independent Scotland is going to do to ensure people of Arbroath and Dumfries contribute exactly as much to the UK economy as people from Stirling and Edinburgh.

If your answer is "they won't" then in what way will this be different from the people of the Scottish region contributing less than the people from the London region of the United Kingdom?

See post 342. Do you disagree with my statement?

Erm, this already happens. There are millions spent trying to boost investment and create jobs in deprived areas throughout the UK.

Who says people are happy that their region isn't the financial leader in the UK and aren't trying to increase prosperity?

Are you happy that I pay more tax than you?

Well done! :D

You have successfully arrived at the point myself and lzreid arrived at about four hours ago.

broken_record.jpg

Just like the union and its defenders.

Interesting how none of the unionists have yet explained to me what this sense of Britishness that is to be reinstalled is. :rolleyes:

I am also interested to know the unionists views on what happens to Scotland within the Utopian union when the oil does run out considering it costs so much for England to keep us. (according to the unionists) Conscription to the forces? Clearances of people for llama farming? Hillside haggis shooting?

Well!!!

Umm, who has mentioned "Britishness"? IT's actually the opposite. It's lurid Nationalists who are trying to tell us we should have some sort of "comeradeship" with fish farmers from Arbroath because they happen to have been spawned in Scotland.

You do know the UK hasn't always had oil revenue don't you?

..and that explains hmmmm nothing!!!! Answer the questions and stop trying to reverse what is being asked. I will wait for an explanation but i wont hold my breath too long!!!!!

No country has their economy evenly distributed across the land. But the whole point of a nation is that the tax revenue goes into a central pot and provides a certain level of services for everyone.

Indeed.

And the point is that Regional Development Funds exist to try and inject capital into deprived regions to try and improve the situation.

This already happens. The UK Government spend millions doing this and do the European Union.

Already answered.

Well, no. You said :-

"Surely you can agree with me that this IS an example of suckling at the English teat. Surely that sort of talk embarrasses you"

So you are unhappy with those who accept the Scottish region will contribute less to the UK than other regions as "this sort of talk embarrasses you" but you aren't embarrassed (though you wish it wasn't a fact) that the Arbroath region will contribute less to the Scottish economy than Edinburgh.

You have yet to explain why this situation is any better than the status quo.

Indeed.

And the point is that Regional Development Funds exist to try and inject capital into deprived regions to try and improve the situation.

This already happens. The UK Government spend millions doing this and do the European Union.

but are they???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/7750728.stm

Already answered. Enjoying yourself?

Not really, making you look like a fool is poor sport. It's like shooting into an empty goal playing 5 against 4 at football. You have to do it at times, but you take no satisfaction from it.

Not really, making you look like a fool is poor sport. It's like shooting into an empty goal playing 5 against 4 at football. You have to do it at times, but you take no satisfaction from it.

I would question your view of who looks more foolish.

Yes. The two are not related.

Poverty is not relative to capital investment. There is a section of society who do not want to work and never will. You could open businesses galore in Glasgow, but you will never fill them with eager workers sadly.

Yes. The two are not related.

Poverty is not relative to capital investment. There is a section of society who do not want to work and never will. You could open businesses galore in Glasgow, but you will never fill them with eager workers sadly.

totally agree,but wheres all this cash thats meant to be going in???

those figures are for the last 40 years,surely after that time you would have thought there might have been an improvement

It's quite obvious. Your argument is logically ridiculous.

Really. I am of the opinion that your pages of repetitive demands I answer a question that I answered some hours ago (and repeatedly helpfully referenced you to) seem a mite on the deranged, and dare I say it, foolish, side.

Really. I am of the opinion that your pages of repetitive demands I answer a question that I answered some hours ago (and repeatedly helpfully referenced you to) seem a mite on the deranged, and dare I say it, foolish, side.

Unfortunately it has been necessary to completely ridicule your anti-English rant.

You still haven't told me the difference between Arbroath suckling off the Edinburgh teat and Scotland supposedly suckling from the UK or specifically South of England teat.

Archived