Scots Independence Referendum

Guest RTB

Scots Independence  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You haven't said why you called me a racist yet?

Where did I do that? If you show me where I did that (for I forget where), then I will answer you (once I've seen the context), providing you show me your well documented examples of my anti-Englishness. Deal?

So what has turned you from a carefree "f**k it, why not" type into some sort of neepheided nat?

I am simply responding to the lazy unionist arguments of oil. Lazy unionist argument..."what about when the oil is gone?", simple question, "the oil is going to run out anyway, whats the unionist (i.e. status quo) plan for the future?". Plus I've already said on this thread that I don't really give a damn about the economic reasons.

Where did I do that? If you show me where I did that (for I forget where), then I will answer you (once I've seen the context), providing you show me your well documented examples of my anti-Englishness. Deal?

I am simply responding to the lazy unionist arguments of oil. Lazy unionist argument..."what about when the oil is gone?", simple question, "the oil is going to run out anyway, whats the unionist (i.e. status quo) plan for the future?". Plus I've already said on this thread that I don't really give a damn about the economic reasons.

Then you are a fool. There are no other reasons worth considering really. Would you want to plunge most of your fellow Scotsmen and women into poverty just so that they can own a Scottish passport and transfer paying tax from one parliament to another?

What will you tell all the public sector workers that will lose their jobs as a result of independence?

Same old cliche, claim we are anti-English. Unionist Bullshit Generator.

Hmmm, in a way i'll take independence whatever way it comes but to say i don't care about the economics, na. Then again i don't have the self-hate attitude that see's us all as thick, kilt wearing, haggis munching, anti-English, violent, hairy arsed, cave dwelling fools.

Same old cliche, claim we are anti-English. Unionist Bullshit Generator.

Hmmm, in a way i'll take independence whatever way it comes but to say i don't care about the economics, na. Then again i don't have the self-hate attitude that see's us all as thick, kilt wearing, haggis munching, anti-English, violent, hairy arsed, cave dwelling fools.

It will only come about if people feel that they won't lose out financially. There will be no other scenario where normal people will for FOR it.

Who said you don't care about the economics?

Put forward the case for independence. Go on.

Then you are a fool. There are no other reasons worth considering really. Would you want to plunge most of your fellow Scotsmen and women into poverty just so that they can own a Scottish passport and transfer paying tax from one parliament to another?

What about pride in being part of an independent Scotland? Anyway, I very much doubt that separation from England would see us "plunge into poverty". Clearly, Scotland would be able to stand on its own two feet. We have more than enough economic resoursces to keep us afloat.

What about pride in being part of an independent Scotland? Anyway, I very much doubt that separation from England would see us "plunge into poverty". Clearly, Scotland would be able to stand on its own two feet.

What about pride in being part of a United Kingdom?

More to the point: how would Independence increase our capacity to feel pride in Scotland?

Why does Scotland have to be Independent for you to feel pride in being part of it?

I've always been proud to be a Scot but would love to have the chance of living in a Scotland that was controlled by the Scots. So what if it's a gamble - I'll go for it.

Leaves me cold to be honest.

Tell me why I should vote for independence? Will my family be better off for it? I have kids and to be honest, making sure they are OK is my driving force. I am not some carefree adolescent with no responsibilities. Like the vast majority of voters, I will be voting with my wallet and not the heart. So tell me why I should ditch the status quo for independence please.

And I am no "unionist" either. In fact I despise most forms of government. I hate taxation and I hate the state playing such a massive part in our lives.

Convince me.

Why does Scotland have to be Independent for you to feel pride in being part of it?

Maybe he will feel more Scottish when he writes his cheque for his tax bill to the Scottish treasury instead of the UK one. I know I will.

I've always been proud to be a Scot but would love to have the chance of living in a Scotland that was controlled by the Scots. So what if it's a gamble - I'll go for it.

Then what's wrong with how it works now? A lot of legislation is dealt with by the Scottish Executive (I object to the change in name as it is technically an Executive), and even with laws passed in Westminster, they still have to have separate enactments to become part of Scots Law. Scotland is represented disproportionately highly at Cabinet level, so, in reality, we ARE governed by Scots. Control is the wrong word to use, as I'd argue politicians are never truly in control.

Maybe he will feel more Scottish when he writes his cheque for his tax bill to the Scottish treasury instead of the UK one. I know I will.

Then it will just be Scottish b*****ds taking all the money from hard working families instead of just UK b*****ds. ;)

You already do! :lol:

Look at the fucking mess they are making of it too.

It will only come about if people feel that they won't lose out financially. There will be no other scenario where normal people will for FOR it.

So you can answer in a rational way :D

The word "oppressed" has been used previously to describe Scotland's situation, which is actually fucking embarrassing when you consider how many peoples really are oppressed in this world.

I honestly struggle to see why some people actually seem to think we are oppressed. The union was voluntary, we signed up and benefited hugely.

More to the point: how would Independence increase our capacity to feel pride in Scotland?

It wouldn't.

Archived