Scots Independence Referendum

Guest RTB

Scots Independence  

268 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Show me where this is being done commercially around the world. Anywhere.

It's done all over the world with oil and gas. It's essentially the same technology for coal

Similar technology is also being developed even in oor own wee country - Peterhead Carbon Capture

Here's a similar contract in the Middle East awarded to a Scottish company in Abu Dhabi.

Show me anywhere in the world 30 years ago where pepole managing to have a debate on a "laptop" over the "internet". It's the same argument. The technology is being developed, we have 20+ years to even worry about it.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish we had a Britain that was one big country that we could all have a pride in but unless the BNP get in we aren't going to get it.

Oh sweet Jesus. You mean a united country for whites, proud of what exactly?

We should stop believing in the fairytale that Scotland will wake up a day after independence and become richer. It won't. We'd have to work bloody hard to restructure our society with state responsibility. I personally believe in smaller states where my voice is more likely to be represented in politics, and I also believe that the mythical identity of 'Scotland' - if such a entity exists - needs a kick up the arse instead of being a glut of public sector shite and not much else.

Only independence, for me, would see to that.

That's as good a nationalist argument as I've seen. Scotland could, of course, survive on its own, and might even do better, but it'll take a lot of work.

Warning, lazy Unionist stereotype in operation!

Oh the irony....

I will vote yes, get us out of the kleptocracy. Not that I think Scots are by virtue of birth or culture any more noble than "Brits" but with an independent nation would come a new constitution and something resembling a blank slate, so at least corruption would be reduced.

I'd also like us to practice military isolationism and free trade, so we should join EFTA instead of the EU (with its common defence structure, which will come to the fore in the coming decades.)

I would encourage more and more regions and "historical nations" to seek independence from the larger whole. A fragmented world would, for my money, be a more peaceful one.

Like Goergia and Russia, for example. Or Tibet and China?

In all seriousness it is difficult being pro-independence when among your "comrades" are cryptofascists like centralparker and the odd Braveheart type.

I imagine it's also difficult being a principled unionist when your main bedfellows are amoral profiteers and mouthbreathing BNP types.

The discourse is often dragged down to the level of these muppets when the reality is far, far more serious.

Amen to that .

Do you really envision, for example, an anti-English kristallnacht? :P

I refer you to your own words above. It's unlikely, but it is certainly possible.

Except there haven't been any new coal-fired plants built in the last two decades...

Is there not one being built at Kings-something or Lions-something, in Medway?

Like Goergia and Russia, for example. Or Tibet and China?

Yep, both of those are exactly like our situation.

p.s. using Tibet as an example to oppose separatism = :lol: :lol: :lol:

I refer you to your own words above. It's unlikely, but it is certainly possible.

Most things are possible. That doesn't make them probable. It's so far off the radar that it shouldn't even bloody register.

And then we can be parasites! For London knows best! :)

This is why your points on these threads are so poorly made.

We aren't ruled by "London". It isn't an entity in itself that has seized control of the UK, it is the city which the PArliament which we all elect representatives to is based. Has Boris Johnson seized control?

Are Falkirkians parasites in Scotland, because Edinburgh knows best. :rolleyes:

broken_record.jpg

Just like the union and its defenders.

Interesting how none of the unionists have yet explained to me what this sense of Britishness that is to be reinstalled is. :rolleyes:

I am also interested to know the unionists views on what happens to Scotland within the Utopian union when the oil does run out considering it costs so much for England to keep us. (according to the unionists) Conscription to the forces? Clearances of people for llama farming? Hillside haggis shooting?

Well!!!

Yep, both of those are exactly like our situation.

p.s. using Tibet as an example to oppose separatism = :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most things are possible. That doesn't make them probable. It's so far off the radar that it shouldn't even bloody register.

1)*sigh* No, but you made a statement that more borders equals greater safety.They are examples of more borders meaning less security for those who occupy the countries within them. You made a blanket statement that was easy to refute with hard, empirical evidence. I don't particularly oppose separatism if that is what the majority want. I don't particularly support daft wee glib statements regarding security with absolutely no proof either. ;)

2)So you say, yet kids were being attacked in the wake of Braveheart for Christ's sake. Your faith in the non belligerence of your countrymen is touching.

Interesting how none of the unionists have yet explained to me what this sense of Britishness that is to be reinstalled is. :rolleyes:

Umm, who has mentioned "Britishness"? IT's actually the opposite. It's lurid Nationalists who are trying to tell us we should have some sort of "comeradeship" with fish farmers from Arbroath because they happen to have been spawned in Scotland.

I am also interested to know the unionists views on what happens to Scotland within the Utopian union when the oil does run out considering it costs so much for England to keep us.

You do know the UK hasn't always had oil revenue don't you?

I would vote against without a doubt. It is not in our interest, whether financially or for any other reason, to leave the Union. I am proud to be both Scottish and British and I want things to stay that way. The recent economic crisis is a wake-up call as well as we would be in much more trouble if it wasn't for the Union. Salmond says that we would have saved HBOS and RBS :lol::lol: but anyone with half a brain knows that is far beyond our means.

1)*sigh* No, but you made a statement that more borders equals greater safety.They are examples of more borders meaning less security for those who occupy the countries within them. You made a blanket statement that was easy to refute with hard, empirical evidence. I don't particularly oppose separatism if that is what the majority want. I don't particularly support daft wee glib statements regarding security with absolutely no proof either. ;)

You might want to do a tiny amount of reading on what happened to Tibet before you start pontificating about its borders.

Also I said, clearly, "for my money", and didn't make a final definitive statement.

2)So you say, yet kids were being attacked in the wake of Braveheart for Christ's sake. Your faith in the non belligerence of your countrymen is touching.

If you're suggesting that these were anything other than isolated incidents then you are 1) a moron, 2) a bigot, 3) both.

What would be really good actually, is if everyone who earned more than say £40K moved to a little enclave somewhere midway between Glasgow and Edinburgh for easy commuting :D

We could declare independence from the spongers around about us, have our own police force, schools and hospital, all funded from a much lower tax percentage as we aren't subsidising junkies and layabouts. Anyone who lives in this city state will be entitled to a pension and benefits should they become unemployed baaed on contributions made.

I think it's a winner!! Needs a bit of work, but it has potential....

What would be really good actually, is if everyone who earned more than say £40K moved to a little enclave somewhere midway between Glasgow and Edinburgh for easy commuting :D

We could declare independence from the spongers around about us, have our own police force, schools and hospital, all funded from a much lower tax percentage as we aren't subsidising junkies and layabouts. Anyone who lives in this city state will be entitled to a pension and benefits should they become unemployed baaed on contributions made.

I think it's a winner!! Needs a bit of work, but it has potential....

:lol:

It would be good as well, because we could specifically target immigrants based on need, and secure the best talent for the lowest wages within Europe, of which we would be a constituent part.

Kindof like the Vatican City, but with decently earned money.

You do know the UK hasn't always had oil revenue don't you?

Yes, we know that. I am just unsure if most of the unionists have figured this out yet. Also, I didn't know this, but it appears the oil will only run out if we are independent. I am under the impression that as long as we stay in the union, it will last forever!

Yes, we know that. I am just unsure if most of the unionists have figured this out yet. Also, I didn't know this, but it appears the oil will only run out if we are independent. I am under the impression that as long as we stay in the union, it will last forever!

Well duh. The Oil will turn into one eyed space monkeys who play the harpsichord with the puss stream coming out of their eyeballs if we become independent.

Fucksake, do you know nothing? You must be Natwashed.

Well duh. The Oil will turn into one eyed space monkeys who play the harpsichord with the puss stream coming out of their eyeballs if we become independent.

Fucksake, do you know nothing? You must be Natwashed.

:lol: Thats brilliant, I can actually see Labour running that as an advert in the next elections! :D

stuart dickson as the biggest pipefitter earner in the world could be your president

It's OK. We have whisky as well.

Archived