Snooker

RedWeb

Virgo could incite a riot here and I'm certain the producers will have been in his ear telling him to lay off the ref.

Good on Virgo, ref made a balls up and deserved to be criticised. Too often the commentators blame terrible shots on everything else but the player/ref so good to see a change for once.

Virgo is a complete fanny and shite at his own relatively simple job. He should count himself lucky the BBC even employ him instead of having public digs at referees under the spotlight. 

About time the auld c**t was sent to the retirement home. 

Virgo is a complete fanny and shite at his own relatively simple job. He should count himself lucky the BBC even employ him instead of having public digs at referees under the spotlight. 

He'd just follow bald c***s about shouting "WHERE'S THE CUE BALL GOING!?!?"

4th favourite at 8/1 with bet365

I just placed a bet on him and got 9/1. These are overpriced odds IMO. When you consider his form and how his side of the draw has opened up.

Edited by Fotbawmad

Totally. But the same argument can be said for most football commentators and pundits. For some reason the BBC keep paying him to turn up so he should be berating shit shots and crap refereeing rather that than wanking himself silly and excusing everything.

The bounce off the cushions in the McManus Carter match are turning it into a joke at times. Flying off. 

Ebdon's commentary is a dull as his match play. 

Edited by meanmistermustard

Carter well beaten. McManus into his first quarter in god knows how long. 

I like watching McManus play. He makes every pot look like hard work no matter how simple and yet bangs out some crackers when under the most pressure. His safety in the last couple of frames was magic. Hope he goes far. 

I just checked, apparently he made the quarters 2 years ago! I can't remember seeing him at the business end of the worlds in the last 10 years. There you go. 2004/5 before that.

I don't mind Virgo's commentary, it's fuckin Willie Thorne I can't stand. 

Ebdon is poor but as he's just starting out, I'll let him off. Hopefully he'll improve. 

Good to see Hawkins not letting Ronnie have it all his own way. 

Is it wrong to say I haven't missed Taylor's commentary in the slightest? Didn't even realise he wasn't about until Thorne mentioned he was in hospital. 

Ebdon's desperate to make Baird out to be some kind of snooker genius. Every pot he makes has Ebdon wetting himself and shouting out in ecstasy.