Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

I've watched a wee bit of the news today. My summary.

Hamas (still no clue who they are) definitely bombed a hospital in their own region. Definitely not Israel. 🙄

Hamas terrorists (which appears to be a fair description) have been wandering around with laminated Al Qaeda (are they still a thing) instructions on how to make chemical weapons. 

Footage of buildings being destroyed, which looks like controlled explosions from the base. Doesn't look like a cruise missile for example, but I'm no expert. The explosion happens at the base and the building falls straight down.

The UK providing 20 million of aid to Gaza, whilst simultaneously essentially promoting it's destruction.

Human beings being utter arseholes. Not sure how they can sleep at night.

5 hours ago, GTee said:

Hamas terrorists (which appears to be a fair description) have been wandering around with laminated Al Qaeda (are they still a thing) instructions on how to make chemical weapons. 

If you believe that Hamas terrorists were wandering around with booklets with "Al Qaeda" written on the front in English then I can only assume you button up the back. Why would you be carrying printed out PDFs on how to use Chemical Weapons rather than, say Chemical Weapons themselves. It's not Fallout 4, you're not going to craft a chemical bomb out of stuff you've looted in a house. It's the manifesto of the WTC bomber iirc 

20231024_061642.thumb.jpg.48b801f18697d2721c772f3588b682ac.jpg

The IDF really taking the Hannibal directive to an extreme here. Better for Israeli civilians to die in the midst of bombing and a ground invasion rather than being released and surviving, if the latter also means Palestinians get to survive too.

2 hours ago, GHF-23 said:

If you believe that Hamas terrorists were wandering around with booklets with "Al Qaeda" written on the front in English then I can only assume you button up the back. Why would you be carrying printed out PDFs on how to use Chemical Weapons rather than, say Chemical Weapons themselves. It's not Fallout 4, you're not going to craft a chemical bomb out of stuff you've looted in a house. It's the manifesto of the WTC bomber iirc 

I suspect (though may be wrong) that the point being made you replied to is that this is how the conflict is being reported by the MSM in the UK. I dont think the OP was claiming these things had actually happened. 

2 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

I suspect (though may be wrong) that the point being made you replied to is that this is how the conflict is being reported by the MSM in the UK. I dont think the OP was claiming these things had actually happened. 

Could well be in which case I apologise. Dangers of posting at half 5 in the morning 

Edited by GHF-23

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The Israelis releasing horrific footage of murders then saying "so you see, you can't compare us with them, look how grim this is" might be the most wretched bit of propaganda iv ever seen. 

It's strange piece of footage... rather odd that they were able to obtain footage from both the dashcam and body cams, unless they IDF was right on top of the attackers immediately after the attack.

5 minutes ago, lau03143 said:

It's strange piece of footage... rather odd that they were able to obtain footage from both the dashcam and body cams, unless they IDF was right on top of the attackers immediately after the attack.

Iv not seen any and don't want to. It's just that a state using something that vile, then making the point that as long as they're not making films of it, then an actual state bombing civilians to death is A-ok 

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Palestinian casualties exceed 5,000 with 62 percent being women and children.  Not a peep from our political ‘leaders’.

There will be many more to follow.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/10/1142687

Any rise in media or political questioning will be put to bed by "well look at this incident where one terrorist filmed himself doing terror". 

53 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Palestinian casualties exceed 5,000 with 62 percent being women and children.  Not a peep from our political ‘leaders’.

There will be many more to follow.

https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/10/1142687

Yes but look at what "the other team" did first...................

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/23/pentagon-military-advisers-air-defense-israel-hamas-war-gaza

US military advisers going in.

One of them is a guy who was heavily involved in the US assault on the Iraqi city of Fallujah. 

As I recall, Fallujah was essentially razed to the ground.

Also, the US has stated that now is not the time for a ceasefire.

If it wasn't before, looks fairly obvious now that the US/Israel intention is to destroy much of Gaza, and make it uninhabitable. 

Still not a peep from our spineless political leaders.

1 hour ago, beefybake said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/oct/23/pentagon-military-advisers-air-defense-israel-hamas-war-gaza

US military advisers going in.

One of them is a guy who was heavily involved in the US assault on the Iraqi city of Fallujah. 

As I recall, Fallujah was essentially razed to the ground.

Also, the US has stated that now is not the time for a ceasefire.

If it wasn't before, looks fairly obvious now that the US/Israel intention is to destroy much of Gaza, and make it uninhabitable. 

Still not a peep from our spineless political leaders.

This is the problem. We (as in the west) have such a short memory and attention span now, that some of the actions and events that happened in Iraq and Afghanistan are completely erased from our consciousness, whereas when you see a Brit or American doing x in a neighbouring country, that is the defining memory of that country. The proof is the reaction on middle England if you ask about Germans.... despite the 70+ years that have passed, a different generation and that short attention span of historical events, there is an inbuilt reaction.

That anyone thinks a US military advisor that saw action in Iraq can be seen by the majority of the middle east as an not an unbiased collaborater is frankly mental. 

Our politicians and leaders in general need to be calm and measured here and look at the longer term picture in how to handle this crisis. Calm balanced reactions will get this sorted and putting aside prior feelings. Egypt are the example here.