Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran)

xbl

Giora Eiland, a retired IDF General and former head of Israel's National Security Council, arguing that civilian deaths are not only inevitable but desirable and Israeli should be actively trying to create a deeper humanitarian crisis, because they're all Hamas. He explicitly says 'the entire Gaza population".

This stuff is absolutely mainstream in Israeli politics and society.

20231120_102606.thumb.jpg.d3206c1cb2be53d6a89b3bfbfecb1e38.jpg

20231120_102608.thumb.jpg.05f437dd8d9c176fca7376466c084967.jpg

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

Blah, blah, stumble..., mish,.... command, blah... post....., mash..

Now that's what I call a word salad, VT.

They seem to be just basement rooms.

Not that the IDF are very bothered now, they've moved on to attacking the next hospital.

On 20/11/2023 at 19:17, Freedom Farter said:

USA's most influential newspaper. 

Politicians are really dying on this hill alone, their usual media cheerleaders aren't covering for them this time.

That's utterly fucking horrific to look at. Beyond grim.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

That's utterly fucking horrific to look at. Beyond grim.

Sure and US media is doing its job by showing Americans that. Showing them what's being done with the missiles and fighter jets their tax contributions are paying for. Recent polls show roughly three quarters of Demoratic Party voters now want USA to enforce a ceasefire. That's the voters of the president's party so you'd think he'd be sensitive to that but no.

That deficit of democracy sees some Americans attempt direct action.  Three young women yesterday sabotaged a manufacturing site of military components for Israel  (https://www.wfsb.com/2023/11/21/ct-woman-among-those-facing-riot-charges-pro-palestine-protest-nh/).

The local senator (a Democrat) had a telling response, as this quote tweet points out:

6 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Sure and US media is doing its job by showing Americans that. Showing them what's being done with the missiles and fighter jets their tax contributions are paying for. Recent polls show roughly three quarters of Demoratic Party voters now want USA to enforce a ceasefire. That's the voters of the president's party so you'd think he'd be sensitive to that but no.

That deficit of democracy sees some Americans attempt direct action.  Three young women yesterday sabotaged a manufacturing site of military components for Israel  (https://www.wfsb.com/2023/11/21/ct-woman-among-those-facing-riot-charges-pro-palestine-protest-nh/).

The local senator (a Democrat) had a telling response, as this quote tweet points out:

I think this might be a new record for the biggest distortion of the meaning of anti-semitism.

8 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

I really appreciate your input in the politics threads mate. It's obvious you take a lot of time researching and reading up, so thank you.

On 22/11/2023 at 09:30, velo army said:

I really appreciate your input in the politics threads mate. It's obvious you take a lot of time researching and reading up, so thank you.

Haha, thanks! I enjoy reading your takes along with many others on the site. I've actually learned a lot which you wouldn't think when we all just came to discuss the football originally.

51 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Haha, thanks! I enjoy reading your takes along with many others on the site. I've actually learned a lot which you wouldn't think when the vast majority we all just came to discuss the football originally.

There

On 16/11/2023 at 22:26, BFTD said:

I know we see it all the time here with huge disasters in other countries yielding "BRITON DEAD IN JIBROVIAN EARTHQUAKE" headlines, but it's bizarre seeing detailed stories about a single named Israeli found dead without mention of the exponentially larger number of Palestinian corpses that will have been found on the same day.

I had the misfortune of watching the news when I was on my lunch today and walked in on the middle of an interview with an Israeli guy. HAMAS AND ISIS ARE JIHADI TERRORISTS THEY'RE TRYING TO DESTROY US IF WE DON'T STOP THEM YOU WILL BE NEXT IT'S LIKE WORLD WAR 2 THEY'RE WORSE THAN THE NAZIS. I am not paraphrasing, or misusing capital letters. Maybe they need a PR guru.

What does the endgame look like in this phase of the conflict? Hamas have committed an atrocity, and Israel has responded with an even more heinous atrocity. The only leverage that Hamas possesses is the captive Israelis, and these are to be freed. Israel has been utterly ruthless in the destruction of Gaza, even when their own citizens were endangered, so what happens when this is no longer the case? Since the Israeli objective is to eradicate Hamas, does this not mean resumption of normal service, i.e. the total destruction of the geographical entity of Gaza, and much of its population?

Or do we assume that wiser counsels prevail and Biden (or a sentient advisor) tells Netanyahu to stop his Old Testament shit and begin to act like the responsible leader of a nation? 

7 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

What does the endgame look like in this phase of the conflict?

If Netanyahu has his way, I’d imagine it’ll be the complete genocide of the Palestinian people. It’s absolute horrific that the western governments are condoning the behaviour of the Israeli state. 

8 hours ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

What does the endgame look like in this phase of the conflict? Hamas have committed an atrocity, and Israel has responded with an even more heinous atrocity. The only leverage that Hamas possesses is the captive Israelis, and these are to be freed. Israel has been utterly ruthless in the destruction of Gaza, even when their own citizens were endangered, so what happens when this is no longer the case? Since the Israeli objective is to eradicate Hamas, does this not mean resumption of normal service, i.e. the total destruction of the geographical entity of Gaza, and much of its population?

Or do we assume that wiser counsels prevail and Biden (or a sentient advisor) tells Netanyahu to stop his Old Testament shit and begin to act like the responsible leader of a nation? 

I dont think Israel or hamas have a plan. They certainly know they cant wipe out hamas completely. You couldnt pick 2 worse and more incompetent groups to be leading either side. The only hope is, however unlikely it seems at the moment that both sides of the conflict can manage to get better leaders who see that a realistic 2 state solution is the only viable way out of this long term and start talking. 

Thats the only way this will ever be resolved when they start talking about a 2 state and both sides need to go in prepared to give ground, the selling point being that a real peace and real freedom would completely turn both countries around in only positive ways for everyone. 

Why nobody is able to sell that, to me is just a lack of leadership and when you have a lack of leadership, morons will jump in and fill the void as we can see 

Edited by ScotiaNostra