Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran/Lebanon)

xbl

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

This is absolutely grotesque, deeply antisemitic and grossly offensive to Holocaust survivors.

It's always been the policy of the Israeli right wing that the Holocaust gives them the right to do anything short of genocide in response to being attacked, they've tended to tone their rhetoric down a bit for international audiences, their latest statement shows their current governing coalition going into full Millwall mode.

@Ziggy Sobotka thinks it's a mistake but that's only so if the US thinks so. 

Edited by btb

1 minute ago, btb said:

It's always been the policy of the Israeli right wing that the Holocaust gives them the right to do anything short of genocide in response to being attacked, they've tended to tone their rhetoric down a bit for international audiences, the latest action shows the current governing coalition going into full Millwall mode.

Including genocide now apparently. 

I see the PR machine has moved on under the weight of public opinion and they are now referencing 'innocent Palestinians' but they are using this as a reason for more war (and killing of them) because "they are victims of Hamas as well".  

How do folk fall for this shit. 

Edited by itzdrk

42 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Including genocide now apparently. 

It’s important to realise what’s happening.  Even in the past ‘genocide’ would have been seen as hyperbole.  That is not the case any more, it is likely that this is/will be unfolding over the coming days and weeks.

What is happening and it’s intended outcome is the dictionary definition of genocide.

Demanding a hospital be cleared when patients include terminally I’ll people and babies in incubators is part of it.  Denying people shelter, sanitation, food and water is part of it.  Not all those killed will die from a bullet or a bomb, there’s every likelihood that lack of food or medical care people suffering from a water borne disease will be a bigger cause.

All this is unfolding with the acquiescence of our elected politicians.

20 minutes ago, btb said:

It's always been the policy of the Israeli right wing that the Holocaust gives them the right to do anything short of genocide in response to being attacked, they've tended to tone their rhetoric down a bit for international audiences, the latest action shows the current governing coalition going into full Millwall mode.

The Anglosphere elites and media are generally on board regardless of what Israel does. It's a lot easier for them to do this if they can portray Israel as a 'western liberal democracy' and a lot harder if the Israeli government are openly talking about ethnic cleansing and final solutions.

I don't think calling for defunding and branding the UN and its Secretary General massive antisemites for asking them to turn the dial down slightly when it comes to collapsing city blocks on top of civilians is a particularly wise move either as it erodes both support for Israel in the rest of the world and undermines (perhaps fatally, we'll see) American/Western authority when it comes to other disputes or conflicts.

24 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

The Anglosphere elites and media are generally on board regardless of what Israel does. It's a lot easier for them to do this if they can portray Israel as a 'western liberal democracy' and a lot harder if the Israeli government are openly talking about ethnic cleansing and final solutions.

I don't think calling for defunding and branding the UN and its Secretary General massive antisemites for asking them to turn the dial down slightly when it comes to collapsing city blocks on top of civilians is a particularly wise move either as it erodes both support for Israel in the rest of the world and undermines (perhaps fatally, we'll see) American/Western authority when it comes to other disputes or conflicts.

All fair points but I don't see the US and especially the Republican Party acting as an anchor on Israel's current military strategy. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I see the PR machine has moved on under the weight of public opinion and they are now referencing 'innocent Palestinians' but they are using this as a reason for more war (and killing of them) because "they are victims of Hamas as well".  

How do folk fall for this shit. 

I caught some sky news on you tube earlier and the Israel ambassador was basically saying Hamas are using the population as human shields so some collateral damage to the population is not the IDF rockets fault. One minute he says Hamas are armed to the teeth then saying the people of Gaza need to tell Hamas to bolt and just leave the city even though there are no same routes out. He was also going on about the baby beheading stuff. Was this ever proved?

Just now, dirty dingus said:

I caught some sky news on you tube earlier and the Israel ambassador was basically saying Hamas are using the population as human shields so some collateral damage to the population is not the IDF rockets fault. One minute he says Hamas are armed to the teeth then saying the people of Gaza need to tell Hamas to bolt and just leave the city even though there are no same routes out. He was also going on about the baby beheading stuff. Was this ever proved?

Its clear that the Hamas attack was horrific, but every diplomat/politician representing Israel in the last few days doesnt want to answer questions and are just coming across like some screeching mentalists off a crazed Facebook page. 

Regardless of the truths and lies of this conflict, Israel are losing the PR war all by themselves...................

32 minutes ago, btb said:

All fair points but I don't see the US and especially the Republican Party acting as an anchor on Israel's current military strategy. 

Perhaps not, it certainly won't bother the isolationist wing of the Republican party and the comments would probably be applauded under a Trump admin, but these transnational or supranational organisations and their legitimacy are important to US liberals. It's also a lot harder to be taken seriously on the subject of the 'looming spectre of fascism' under Trump and the Republicans if you're very publicly giving cuddles to similar abroad.

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

I think the claim was even worse than that. Supposedly the baby was first cut from the womb. I think you have to take the ambassador's word for that, or ask for the evidence, and nobody would want to see that.