Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran/Lebanon)

xbl

3 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I see what you are both saying now. I genuinely do appreciate your patience with me.  Having said that I’m still a bit surprised that Syria wouldn’t have seen the potential problems of striking whilst the tractors were still in Israel (albeit a demilitarised area).  I would have thought they would have been better ignoring this for what is was and only considering action if the tractors entered Syria.

The tractors weren't in Israel.

Suggest you troll elsewhere.

11 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

I see what you are both saying now. I genuinely do appreciate your patience with me.  Having said that I’m still a bit surprised that Syria wouldn’t have seen the potential problems of striking whilst the tractors were still in Israel (albeit a demilitarised area).  I would have thought they would have been better ignoring this for what is was and only considering action if the tractors entered Syria.

The "DMZ" was in Syria, at its border with Israel. It's still recognised by the International community as Syrian land but two thirds is currently (illegally according to the UN) occupied by Israel.

Israel refuse to leave and Syria have accepted nobody will force them so they defend their zone in the hope Israel doesn't expand any further. 

Israel renamed an area within that zone, close the Syrian side, after Donald Trump while he was US President, presumably hoping Syria would realise if they attacked back and destroyed it then Israel could use it to bring the US directly in to that conflict too.

You'll be surprised to hear that a lot of the initial dispute over that area of land was due to Israel trying to force Palestinians out of the area (which they succeeded in doing.

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The "DMZ" was in Syria, at its border with Israel. It's still recognised by the International community as Syrian land but two thirds is currently (illegally according to the UN) occupied by Israel.

Israel refuse to leave and Syria have accepted nobody will force them so they defend their zone in the hope Israel doesn't expand any further. 

Israel renamed an area within that zone, close the Syrian side, after Donald Trump while he was US President, presumably hoping Syria would realise if they attacked back and destroyed it then Israel could use it to bring the US directly in to that conflict too.

You'll be surprised to hear that a lot of the initial dispute over that area of land was due to Israel trying to force Palestinians out of the area (which they succeeded in doing.

Excellent RG.  That is much clearer and makes much more sense to me.  Thank you.

I had assumed any DMZ would be half in Syria’s land and half in Israel’s land, thereby creating a buffer zone in both countries where the military didn’t enter.  A show of goodwill if you like from both sides.  

From reading the replies to my post I read it that the part of the DMZ that the tractors were in was on the Israel side of the DMZ.  

3 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Biden now sending another $26B to Israel. 

"First as tragedy, then as farce" and all that.

We're just watching oil being poured on this enormous fire of children's corpses over and over.

There's only $14B in the recently passed aid bill.

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

BBC report $26B but regardless of the exact amount it should be $0.

$26B is $14B for Israel, $9B for Gaza relief and $3B for U.S. operations in the area (construction of quay, airdrop operations and stuff like that)

Still want $0B? You gotta understand stuff before you knee jerk on it...just saying.

Edited by TxRover

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

$26B is $14B for Israel, $9B for Gaza relief and $3B for U.S. operations in the area (construction of quay, airdrop operations and stuff like that)

Still want $0B? You gotta understand stuff before you knee jerk on it...just saying.

Its an estimated $2B to Gaza not $9B:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/house-approves-26-billion-in-aid-for-israel-and-gaza-under-major-spending-package/

Yes, $0 would have been preferable to $17B of military hardware and $2B towards humanitarian needs.

Israel has used the weapons to abduct UNRWA workers and force false confessions from them. USA then used those false confessions to justify outlawing contributions to UNRWA, which is the UN agency embedded throughout Gaza. Now the World Food Programme instead has to hang about until this floating pier gets built from where they have to administer the aid (https://apnews.com/article/gaza-israel-aid-pier-us-military-e988256270fc0067d2f5524fd542a475).

Israel uses the weapons to slaughter Gazans trying to collect the aid (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flour_massacre).

Israel uses the weapons to murder aid workers trying to distribute the aid, such as they did with the three British men earlier this month.

The fundamental point is that the food aid is only needed in the first place because of the destruction caused by the military aid. Gazans are starving because missiles fired from drones and fighter jets have destroyed their society's infrastructure. This is Israeli military doctrine to do so (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahiya_doctrine). If random idiots like me knew this was going to happen then you can be sure decision makers in Washington also knew yet they still chose to oversee and sponsor it all. 

51 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Its an estimated $2B to Gaza not $9B:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/house-approves-26-billion-in-aid-for-israel-and-gaza-under-major-spending-package/

Yes, $0 would have been preferable to $17B of military hardware and $2B towards humanitarian needs.

Israel has used the weapons to abduct UNRWA workers and force false confessions from them. USA then used those false confessions to justify outlawing contributions to UNRWA, which is the UN agency embedded throughout Gaza. Now the World Food Programme instead has to hang about until this floating pier gets built from where they have to administer the aid (https://apnews.com/article/gaza-israel-aid-pier-us-military-e988256270fc0067d2f5524fd542a475).

Israel uses the weapons to slaughter Gazans trying to collect the aid (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flour_massacre).

Israel uses the weapons to murder aid workers trying to distribute the aid, such as they did with the three British men earlier this month.

The fundamental point is that the food aid is only needed in the first place because of the destruction caused by the military aid. Gazans are starving because missiles fired from drones and fighter jets have destroyed their society's infrastructure. This is Israeli military doctrine to do so (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahiya_doctrine). If random idiots like me knew this was going to happen then you can be sure decision makers in Washington also knew yet they still chose to oversee and sponsor it all. 

Estimated $2B…they’re guessing, the White House has said otherwise. Just saying, read further before blasting, eh?

4 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Minter of a post from the official Israeli account.

"Hmm.  Can't be that difficult to change a 'q' into a 'n'.  Where is that dossier?  Let's spruce it up."

5 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Minter of a post from the official Israeli account.

Every now and then you'll see an argument that's such risible bullshit that anyone repeating it seems suspicious by association. Like choosing to believe that Jews eat babies - very obviously untrue, so it tells you more about the person who repeats it than the people they're trying to attack.

The Israeli government has really stepped up their production of these in recent months.

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

"Hmm.  Can't be that difficult to change a 'q' into a 'n'.  Where is that dossier?  Let's spruce it up."

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Every now and then you'll see an argument that's such risible bullshit that anyone repeating it seems suspicious by association. Like choosing to believe that Jews eat babies - very obviously untrue, so it tells you more about the person who repeats it than the people they're trying to attack.

The Israeli government has really stepped up their production of these in recent months.

It's incredible they could actually think anyone would believe such juvenile horseshit nowadays.

22 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

It's incredible they could actually think anyone would believe such juvenile horseshit nowadays.

And yet people do 

43 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

To be honest it is easier to believe than talking snakes and all that stuff.

57 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Didn't the IDF state that Hamas were beheading babies without any actual evidence.

It's still being used as a justifiable reason for the current slaughter and being quoted as fact.