Israel And The Palestinians (now with added Iran/Lebanon)

xbl

34 minutes ago, Venti said:

Its crazy to try & think Israelis don't realise the irony of commiting their own genocide.

I’m sure there’s lots of Israelis who think that, unfortunately they are in the minority and are not getting widely quoted in the MSM.

There must be many Israelis who are absolutely distraught by the actions that their government is engaged in.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’m sure there’s lots of Israelis who think that, unfortunately they are in the minority and are not getting widely quoted in the MSM.

There must be many Israelis who are absolutely distraught by the actions that their government is engaged in.

I was under the impression that Israeli TV/media don't show the scenes of what their army is doing in Gaza.

11 minutes ago, beefybake said:

I was under the impression that Israeli TV/media don't show the scenes of what their army is doing in Gaza.

It doesn’t mean people are unaware.

9 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

Yeah I read that, it’s absolutely harrowing.  If the Trump/Vance ticket wins the Palestinians will be erased/displaced by a group who have been the subject to their own pogroms for centuries.  And yet no one cares.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah I read that, it’s absolutely harrowing.  If the Trump/Vance ticket wins the Palestinians will be erased/displaced by a group who have been the subject to their own pogroms for centuries.  And yet no one cares.

It's awful.

We have a Downs daughter and although she's high ability and fairly capable noise and shouting - particularly by strangers - confuses and annoys her.

We also have an autistic grandson, and although he, too, is fairly high ability academically, he is lacking in social skills and has a routine he likes to follow. Anything that knocks him out of his routine upsets him.

Hamas and other groups committed war crimes on 7 October, says HRW

Hamas and at least four other Palestinian armed groups committed numerous war crimes and crimes against humanity against civilians during the 7 October attack on southern Israel, the campaign group Human Rights Watch says.
A new report accuses the hundreds of gunmen who breached the Gaza border fence of violations including deliberate and indiscriminate attacks on civilians, wilful killing of persons in custody, sexual and gender-based violence, hostage-taking, mutilation of bodies and looting.
It also found the killing of civilians and hostage-taking were “central aims of the planned attack” and not an “afterthought”.

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Apartheid state.

Today was fairly typical for Israel. The Hague declared them to be practising "racial segregation and apartheid". Meanwhile, they got Bella Hadid cancelled for being Palestinian.

5 hours ago, Cheese said:

Apartheid state.

Have we started the rugby tours already?

eta, on a serious note.  It's about time sports govern bodies start chucking them out of tournaments.

Edited by SlipperyP

On 17/07/2024 at 21:31, MazzyStar said:

What does Human Rights Watch have to say about keeping over 2 million in a prison for years? 

Pretty weird form of whataboutery when you could look it up. A whole report here from 2021, calling it apartheid and persecution and detailing Israel's crimes against humanity in considerable detail. https://www.hrw.org/report/2021/04/27/threshold-crossed/israeli-authorities-and-crimes-apartheid-and-persecution

If you thought HRW are equivocal because they condemn Hamas' undeniable crimes against humanity, you don't know anything about them. From a letter HRW sent to the EU and its foreign ministers 4 days ago:

https://www.hrw.org/news/2024/07/16/letter-eu-and-eu-foreign-ministers-israel-and-palestine

Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 03.38.48.png

Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 03.39.09.png

On 21/07/2024 at 20:02, Venti said:

Bloody hell that was a hard read.

I'm glad Politico published it as they're an outlet with reach into mainstream liberal USA and its that very demographic who need shook into reality regarding Israel. It all hinges on them - American mainstream liberals - getting with the programme in order for this whole nonsense to unravel. It can't be overstated how much USA drives Israeli actions. Much of the funding for West Bank settlement expansion comes from private US donations which are tax deductible in order to incentivise them. Then all the slaughter in Gaza is being done with weapons gifted by the US taxpayer. While you get American liberals like Biden who're just callous racists, for the majority I think genuine ignorance is the problem. We see in this interview with the same doctor from that Politico article, that the CBS reporter is genuinely shocked to learn the IDF deliberately snipe children in the head:

(Full CBS report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqusa-96WLs&ab_channel=CBSSundayMorning).

12 hours ago, Freedom Farter said:

I'm glad Politico published it as they're an outlet with reach into mainstream liberal USA and its that very demographic who need shook into reality regarding Israel. It all hinges on them - American mainstream liberals - getting with the programme in order for this whole nonsense to unravel. It can't be overstated how much USA drives Israeli actions. Much of the funding for West Bank settlement expansion comes from private US donations which are tax deductible in order to incentivise them. Then all the slaughter in Gaza is being done with weapons gifted by the US taxpayer. While you get American liberals like Biden who're just callous racists, for the majority I think genuine ignorance is the problem. We see in this interview with the same doctor from that Politico article, that the CBS reporter is genuinely shocked to learn the IDF deliberately snipe children in the head:

(Full CBS report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqusa-96WLs&ab_channel=CBSSundayMorning).

It's just pure evil.

Fucking heartbreaking.