The 'Eh'll Paint It' thread

LiamDFC

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Liam,

Albion Rovers are seldom in the limelight but I feel that the weekend's events are surely worth an ARFC-based picture for this week. It's with this in mind that I urge you to paint a crowd of misfit 'vers fans, tonic wine in tow, painting the streets of Coatbridge primrose and red, while pointing and laughing at the Motherwell team bus as it passes through, with a sullen-faced Stuart McCall dreading having to go home to his wife and kids.

It would be a dream come true to see this vision come to life through your gift.

Thanks,

Albino

Yo Liam,

Could you create a picture of the conclusion of Nadir Ciftci's SFA hearing last night by painting Ciftci and Jackie McNamara skipping away from Hampden with massive grins on their faces and holding hands as they head towards their car which is stuffed full with the bodies of throttled linesmen. Or if you feel that it would harm the credibility of the picture to have Ciftci skipping after his injury on friday, McNamara could be carrying him to the car in a scene reminiscent of the ending of the film an Officer and a Gentleman.

In either scenario, at the Hampden doors, the SFA disciplinary panel and all their chums are waving the pair goodbye and wishing them a safe journey back to Tayside. Meanwhile, Hugh Dallas and Willy Collum are sitting in a fiat punto in the car park and are absolutely seething.

Dear Liam,

Albion Rovers are seldom in the limelight but I feel that the weekend's events are surely worth an ARFC-based picture for this week. It's with this in mind that I urge you to paint a crowd of misfit 'vers fans, tonic wine in tow, painting the streets of Coatbridge primrose and red, while pointing and laughing at the Motherwell team bus as it passes through, with a sullen-faced Stuart McCall dreading having to go home to his wife and kids.

It would be a dream come true to see this vision come to life through your gift.

Thanks,

Albino

If you choose to do this, do it at a really obscure angle in keeping with the highlights

Ta

Dear Liam,

Thanks,

Albino

It is with immense honour that I accept this challenge.

Stay tuned.

Hello Liam.

Could you paint a picture of Reynard on a wee boat in a river somewhere, trying to get "bites" with his fishing rod, but instead of using typical bait, he uses edgy contributions. He's actually quite successful as the P+B fish/man hybrids in the surronding water find the contributions too hard to resist, with xbl being the main culprit of this. You can decide on the appearance of the characters.

There should also be a wee shack in the background where Reynard exists and, for absolutely no reason whatsoever, the young banjo plucker from the film "Deliverance" should be sat on a stump somewhere playing to his heart's content. A very dark image I think you'll agree.

• 3 weeks later...

The scene from the 1959 classic Rio Bravo where Dean Martin, as the town drunk, is forced to dip into an almost full spittoon to get some coin to pay for booze, except.................

Instead of Dino, it's Fat Sally dipping for pennies, whilst David Murray, Charles Green and Craig Whyte look on laughing and Bennett, Tedi and No8 are quietly cringing/crying in the corner, huddled round an Irn Bru with 3 straws.

• 3 months later...

Hello abdy — it's been a while.

I was chatting to a couple of people about this thread at the weekend and I thought it might be worth resurrecting now that the season has almost concluded. All suggestions are welcome, however the format will change slightly in that I'll put the image up on a Sunday evening.

Here's one to get us sterted.

Twists and turns are around the corner, particularly in the Championship. There are few certainties in that league; promotion, relegation and the thin layer of self-loathing that coats the Cowdenbeath Faithful being notable exceptions.

All that leaves us with is blind faith and educated predictions; so here's mine.

———

After a bizarre end to the Championship campaign, Dundee, Hamilton and Falkirk all finish with equal points, goals scored and Beanos sold, creating a problem for the league organisers. But as we all ken; where's there's a problem, there's an opportunity.

60,000 Scottish football fans have crammed themselves into Hampden Park to watch footballs first Triple Threat match between the managers of the three sides in question at the first Tecklemania.

Tecklemania.jpg

Fast forward 20 minutes and Paul 'Hitman' Hartley glides to victory by applying a sharpshooter to Alex Neil while Ray Farningham watches on from ringside, belting out a chorus of Hey Jude.

We can but dream.

I'm probably not the only one, but thanks for the resurrection.

Lee McCulloch drinking a treble vodka, greeting his eyes out watching Rovers lift the trophy saying "It's a Diddy Cup anyway, this a real treble"

In the background are thousands of green seats, with tremendous amounts of seethe being directed towards the Sevco superstars from the remaining sons of William. Turnbull Hutton Standing close by, saying the simple message of "GIRFUY"

Either that or Fat Sally driving a Black Fiesta towards a Tannadice Wall screaming "We ain't gonae win on Saturday so I'm going to knock yer fucking stand doon. WATP "

I was chatting to a couple of people about this thread at the weekend and I thought it might be worth resurrecting now that the season has almost concluded. All suggestions are welcome, however the format will change slightly in that I'll put the image up on a Sunday evening.

Twists and turns are around the corner, particularly in the Championship. There are few certainties in that league; promotion, relegation and the thin layer of self-loathing that coats the Cowdenbeath Faithful being notable exceptions.

All that leaves us with is blind faith and educated predictions; so here's mine.

———

After a bizarre end to the Championship campaign, Dundee, Hamilton and Falkirk all finish with equal points, goals scored and Beanos sold, creating a problem for the league organisers. But as we all ken; where's there's a problem, there's an opportunity.

60,000 Scottish football fans have crammed themselves into Hampden Park to watch footballs first Triple Threat match between the managers of the three sides in question at the first Tecklemania.

Tecklemania.jpg

Fast forward 20 minutes and Paul 'Hitman' Hartley glides to victory by applying a sharpshooter to Alex Neil while Ray Farningham watches on from ringside, belting out a chorus of Hey Jude.

We can but dream.

That is f**king fantastic. Well played sir, well played indeed :)

———

Tecklemania.jpg

We can but dream.

:lol: :lol:

Archived