Dundee United 2014/15 Season

This... is not the experienced ogre I was envisioning. Another Hayes & Yeading FP too, so more shades of Butcher/Kudos? Any better than Souttar?

Please let this be the 3rd/4th choice backup, please.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit disappointed with this signing, in what way is this an experienced CB?

Surely JMac has someone else in the pipeline after his public promises last week. This in no way meets the criteria of an experienced CB.

At only 24, he's got time on his side and will improve. He's decent in the air, likes to pass the ball from the back but for me his biggest asset is his pace - very quick along the ground.

This scares me. United are in need of a finished article, been around the block, who is a boss in the air, not another development project who isn't particularly dependable at set pieces but knows that you don't have to hoof the ball at every opportunity (surely a prerequisite in any defensive signing at this level these days?).

Not entirely comfortable with us signing a player from a club other than Queens Park.

Played for a team in black & white though. Next signing Good from Newcastle hopefully. Perhaps we should go after Jim Goodwin for the lols.

Morris is certainly capable of playing to premiership standard, he's quick, strong and decent on the ball. Ex newcastle and ROI u21, was voted into the PFA team of the year the past two years

However lapses in concentration and poor decision making at times can let him down. He has certainly improved on those weaknesses over the last 2 years with us but will need to improve further to make his time with you a success.

Morris is certainly capable of playing to premiership standard, he's quick, strong and decent on the ball. Ex newcastle and ROI u21, was voted into the PFA team of the year the past two years

However lapses in concentration and poor decision making at times can let him down. He has certainly improved on those weaknesses over the last 2 years with us but will need to improve further to make his time with you a success.

Sounds exactly like John Souttar then.

In one of his last games before being shunned over his contract situation he reduced Kevin Kyle to a blubbering mess. You'll remember how big Kyle was and he's not got any daintier whilst playing in League One. After the game Kyle blubbed that he got no protection from Morris and that he was retiring from football. He's a real character - always reminded me of Sol Bamba in that he made flattening people and humiliating them with his sheer size and strength into an art form. A potential cult hero - don't knock him until you've seen him in action.

But, yes, he can be a bit shaky at times!

Wanted: big durty bstrd of a centre half.

Football skills required but not as much as will to win, commitment and generally being scary.

Apply to the Tannadice Street Nursery and Polite Boys Home

Here is the game mentioned above by Shandon Par, vs Ayr United - Callum is #5 for us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RfpJZ57mVk

I think it's a great move for Cal. He'll certainly, imo, be a good signing for DU - he has all the attributes to be a top quality defender and I think he may surprise a few people and become a regular within your starting XI. I fully understand why you guys are slightly wary of signing Morris, but I believe he can be another player that United snap up from a lower league team who goes on to be an excellent addition to your squad. I wish him and yourselves all the best for the coming season - unless you end up playing us in any of the cups, of course!

The Dunfermilne fans on here seem a decent bunch. Any chance of persuading you guys to post on here and getting the Maureens to post in the lower league forum?

Hopefully Morris turns out to be a decent signing but I'd still like to see us bring in an experienced CB or get Good back, younger than Morris but slotted in well from the first time he played.

I will reserve any judgement until we have seen him play. We needed at least one central defender and now we have one so at the very least McNamara is dealing with the areas of the squad that need strengthened.

As my old man is a Dunfermline fan, I have seen him a few times. I would agree with those who have him down as a big lump of a centre half, who is however prone to the odd brain fart and doesn't appear to have any pace. Has bags of potential though, and I am hopeful he will make the step up.

Still need a bit of experience at centre half, though...

In two minds about Morris, he got in the team of the year twice. Once in the championship and this season too.

He has also lacked concentration and given away on average a goal every two games at a very poor level.

I don't know if he isn't giving 100% because he knows he is better than this level or is genuinely prone to making lots of mistakes because of lack of ability and being able to read the game.

There's no doubt he looks the part, big, fancy haircut, coloured boots, good on the ball but don't let this disguise the lack of defensive awareness.

Will either be outstanding or a total bombscare. Good luck to him though.

Played for a team in black & white though. Next signing Good from Newcastle hopefully. Perhaps we should go after Jim Goodwin for the lols.

I don't know where you live but, if it's the last thing I do, I'll hunt you down and make you wish such a suggestion had never entered your filthy mind.

Archived