Pregnancy And Parenting

On 9/21/2016 at 11:47, Rugster said:

Last round (until she's a year) of vaccinations/innoculations/jags whatever the f**k you call them this morning. Think my wee girl hates me. Seeing her face when they stick those needles in is horrendous. f**k that for a job.

Fortunately she's a wee trooper and all is ok but I fucking hate that. I used to get nervous taking the cats to the vet, never mind having pain inflicted on my wee lassie. Felt like going straight to the pub after it. :lol:

At least you don't have to wrestle your wean in to a travel cage....do you?

50 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

If I could go back, I'd sleep for a week before my daughter was born.

Boring question- When did everyone register their child for Primary School? Someone asked me the other day if I had done it, she's only two and a half.

That's ancient by Edinburgh standards. By 6 months some folk are having a breakdown about high school catchments. 

That's ancient by Edinburgh standards. By 6 months some folk are having a breakdown about high school catchments. 

I'm in the catchment area for Bruntsfield. Obvs a very prestigious school with its proximity to EH11.

It gives to the option to enroll your child on their website but I didn't know if this was an option for 2019.

8 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I'm in the catchment area for Bruntsfield. Obvs a very prestigious school with its proximity to EH11.

It gives to the option to enroll your child on their website but I didn't know if this was an option for 2019.

Won't that be Boroughmuir High too? Your child is set for life, providing you don't move house. Bruntsfield Primary even has its own swimming pool. 

1 hour ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

If I could go back, I'd sleep for a week before my daughter was born.

Boring question- When did everyone register their child for Primary School? Someone asked me the other day if I had done it, she's only two and a half.

For their funded nursey place around now. School enrolment is the January before they are due to start.

You get a letter I'm sure it's like in November asking what area you are in. You put what one your in. You also contact school and put name down. By January /February it's all done and dusted .

I not got a clue, I'm sure I just took the wee man along on the first day of Kindergarten, probably the wife did something before.
Anyway about the quote. If they send you a letter. I take its to your address, how the f**k do they not know what catchment area you're in?

Cheers. It all happened really quickly. Waters broke about 1am and we went to hospital about 5am. Girlfriend was in the birthing pool for all of ten minutes until baby was born :lol:

Congratulations, my girlfriend had a quick birth too. The time just flew past.

Probably not for her mind you.