Pregnancy And Parenting

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Whats anyones experience of getting the weans to brush their teeth? My wee lassie now has a decent mouthful of them. Up until now we had been putting toothpaste on her brush and letting her f**k ablut with it in the bath and hoping enough biting and chewing of it was getting her used to it, but now I really want to know that shes getting an effective clean.

I dont want to go down the route of holding her down and just doing it for her as she obv wont like that but shes too wee to do as shes told. Shes ablut 16 months

It's advised you assist with tooth brushing until their 8 I think. I've always just got on with it protests or not. 

We also go to the dentist every 6 months and child smile go into school and nursery.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Maybe im being a bit to expectant that a 16 month old baby is going to pick it up in any way. I just dont want to have to strongarm her and start a screaming match when she should be winding down for bedtime.

9/10 they are fine with it. The youngest just likes a fight though! Just part of routine now. Better a wrestle than painful tooth extractions when they're 3/4.

mine have all been in nursery and thrived. For my middle ones especially it was her stability when mummy wasn't well and then when her dad and I split.

youngest now walks around like a boss in the place. She's been there 3 years now. 

20 week scan was last Monday, all is well and baby due on 22nd Jan (first child). We're apparently heading for John Lewis to look at a car seat, pram and monitors. Does the world of P&B have any tips on these items and if there's any other essentials to look into 4 months out from the birth??

Make sure you have a 5 door car. Try and make sure that there is a light in the back of the car. Try to get a Britex car seat that swivels sideways if possible. You will probably pay a fortune for a decent pram, but, when the little one is about 10 month old, you will buy a Silver Cross stroller that weighs about a quarter of the size of your pram and you will wonder why the heck you never just bought that in the first place. 

Have fun, it is a heck of a ride.

If you decide to bottle feed the best thing ever invented was the Tommy Tippee Perfect Prep Machine. 

We discovered this existed a month after stopping the milk with our youngest daughter. Absolutely gutted, what a difference it must make at 3am.

For baby stuff I'd advice not too go mental on buying stuff. A sturdy but lightweight pram - ideally a 3 in 1, a decent moses basket, mat and a baby bath for traveling. For our first we spend £400 on the pram only to have her in a £30 second hand maclaren buggy constantly by her first birthday.

Tommee tippee machine is a must. That saved my sanity im sure.
We used the doona buggy. Had got a 3 in 1 thing for around 800 and the doona for 150. Got rid of 3 in one as never used it.
Microwavable bottles by mam. You can do one at a time. We had a one out one in system. Again saved loads of grief.

We discovered this existed a month after stopping the milk with our youngest daughter. Absolutely gutted, what a difference it must make at 3am.

For baby stuff I'd advice not too go mental on buying stuff. A sturdy but lightweight pram - ideally a 3 in 1, a decent moses basket, mat and a baby bath for traveling. For our first we spend £400 on the pram only to have her in a £30 second hand maclaren buggy constantly by her first birthday.

We had a Moses basket and it never got used. Bea just started screaming any time we tried to put her in it. She's fine in her cot, fine placed on a chair or on the floor, but she couldn't stand the Moses basket.

We bought the Cosatto Ooba system for about £900, we used it up until she was about 18 months and it's in storage just now. She's got a Cossato stroller just now but spends most of the time in the carrier or her reigns.

Don't go nuts, I bought the essentials then just bought what I needed. Each baby is different, I noticed someone earlier mentioning buying hundreds of bibs, mine barely went through about twelve and they were mainly in the first four months.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Nappy bin :thumsup2

Whilst the nappy bin is, in theory, a good idea, you do have to empty it at some point.

The sensation, taste and smell when you are unlucky enough to get a blast of the escaping air full in the pus is what I imagine Satan farting in my mouth would be like.