Pregnancy And Parenting

I'm now in the home stretch to being a dad with 10 weeks to go.

The reality of it all is starting to sink in now. I keep having crazy dreams about the baby - losing him/her out in the garden, getting people to help me look after him/her when I'm out and about it not going well and just generally starting to shit myself.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

The reality of it all is starting to sink in now. I keep having crazy dreams about the baby - losing him/her out in the garden, getting people to help me look after him/her when I'm out and about it not going well and just generally starting to shit myself.

Understandable pre-match nerves, Dindy.  Plus it's the final trimester and yer Mrs is about to go tonto if she hasn't already started.  Hold your nerve, be endlessly polite and supportive, plan the route from the hoose to the maternity unit and stock up on raspberry tea and chicken Madras*

Once the wee yin arrives you'll be utterly mesmerised.  Wee weans are just sublime and the most entertaining thing ever.  18 years on and my three still fascinate me.  BTW they are much more resilient than you think and tend not to get lost, stolen or damaged so relax - though I understand your angst.  

*Spicy food, raspberry tea and a length of boaby is meant to induce labour.  Probably a wifey tale but it's also a decent Friday night.

Edited by The_Kincardine

When the time comes Dad mode is activated, I think it must be a gene that lies dormant till needed.
I dreamed of kids that would absolutely doat on me and we'd have that special bond and now I lie on the settee while she screams "Dad" at me for the millionth time totally ignoring her mum and I pray for peace.
Wouldn't have it any other way mind.

In short, you'll rock this shit.

3 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Good luck to her Keith. I was induced Wednesday night, no baby until Sunday morning. Most boring days of my life stuck on that hospital ward doing f**k all. 

I was induced but straight to drip and had them within 4hrs!

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

As others have said, don't worry too much.  Everybody wings it.  I'm pretty sure I still know hee-haw about parenting nearly two years down the line, but I do my best.  

Enjoy every minute that you can.  Being a dad is absolutely magic! 

29 minutes ago, Rowan said:

I was induced but straight to drip and had them within 4hrs!

I had 3 pessary things shoved up there that did f**k all. Waters broken Saturday morning as I think they felt sorry for me. (I was like Rachel from friends seeing all these women in after me and giving birth before me). Then went onto that evil drip 10am Saturday for what felt like days :lol: before the awkward wee thing came out the sun roof! 

Wife just called me, the test is positive.
We both never expected this, but f**k hey, lets do it.
Love you all..... 

Good news. Congrats
Our daughter is in hospital now getting induced 

Grandad again? Congrats

Just don't tell anyone about the book of now acceptable jokes to tell. Remember to burn after reading too. Dad jokes are great.

In seriousness. Just make sure you help out. Women love to talk about how much the partner does. Just dont be the one they call a lazy dick and youll be fine

41 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

I had 3 pessary things shoved up there that did f**k all. Waters broken Saturday morning as I think they felt sorry for me. (I was like Rachel from friends seeing all these women in after me and giving birth before me). Then went onto that evil drip 10am Saturday for what felt like days :lol: before the awkward wee thing came out the sun roof! 

I was in recovery for 36hrs after my third as I had a balloon keeping my insides in having lost most my blood. 

all the c-section mums were in and out in no time, we laughed about that same Friends episode. At least I'd had the baby.

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Understandable pre-match nerves, Dindy.  Plus it's the final trimester and yer Mrs is about to go tonto if she hasn't already started.  Hold your nerve, be endlessly polite and supportive, plan the route from the hoose to the maternity unit and stock up on raspberry tea and chicken Madras*

Once the wee yin arrives you'll be utterly mesmerised.  Wee weans are just sublime and the most entertaining thing ever.  18 years on and my three still fascinate me.  BTW they are much more resilient than you think and tend not to get lost, stolen or damaged so relax - though I understand your angst.  

*Spicy food, raspberry tea and a length of boaby is meant to induce labour.  Probably a wifey tale but it's also a decent Friday night.

Slipping a length isn't a wifey tale at all and has some sound scientific backing. The rest are a bit more suspect though.