Pregnancy And Parenting

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

On a bit of a curry kick at the moment (got a curry cookbook for Christmas), is there anything I should be wary of regarding giving curry to babies? I'm leaving out a lot of the heat and using oil instead of ghee but I'm still never entirely sure what I should and shouldn't give her.

Try a wee tin of mushroom soup in it. I tried it once! Not sure if I got away with it going unnoticed though.:lol:

1 hour ago, jmothecat said:

On a bit of a curry kick at the moment (got a curry cookbook for Christmas), is there anything I should be wary of regarding giving curry to babies? I'm leaving out a lot of the heat and using oil instead of ghee but I'm still never entirely sure what I should and shouldn't give her.

I think they manage just fine in the sub continent.  Our three ate pretty-much what we ate.  It was a bit of a faff cooking curry/soup/casseroles without salt and 'toning down' the curries but much easier than making 2 different meals.

Been a while since I posted on here, we had weekly visits from OT to support our daughter who has right sided hemiplegia. The visits lasted about a year then at 22 months she took her first steps and OT stopped coming and she screams blue murder if we put her in a pram or her car seat to go anywhere. It's walk or nothing.
She wears an AFO (ankle foot orthotic) on her right foot that supports her ankle and keeps her foot pointing forward.
She's 2 years and 2 months old now and causing havoc wherever she goes, she holds up her affected hand to strangers in shops to let them see this weird thing that appears to be connected to her, much to the strangers bemusement.
She's the most determined, hyper, noisy and cutest wee girl who will throw her dinner right at you, growl when you give her into trouble for it then flash a smile that makes it impossible to chastise her. She's daddy's wee girl and I'm very much wrapped round her wee finger.

Moved my two and half year old from the nursery to her own room which has been redecorated and is considerably bigger for her, including a play table and TV. She now won't come out of it and spends all her time colouring in watching Masha and the Bear.

I woke up at 4am to find her colouring in her new bedroom wall with a green felt tip pen.

I'm now in the home stretch to being a dad with 10 weeks to go.

The reality of it all is starting to sink in now. I keep having crazy dreams about the baby - losing him/her out in the garden, getting people to help me look after him/her when I'm out and about it not going well and just generally starting to shit myself.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

The reality of it all is starting to sink in now. I keep having crazy dreams about the baby - losing him/her out in the garden, getting people to help me look after him/her when I'm out and about it not going well and just generally starting to shit myself.

Understandable pre-match nerves, Dindy.  Plus it's the final trimester and yer Mrs is about to go tonto if she hasn't already started.  Hold your nerve, be endlessly polite and supportive, plan the route from the hoose to the maternity unit and stock up on raspberry tea and chicken Madras*

Once the wee yin arrives you'll be utterly mesmerised.  Wee weans are just sublime and the most entertaining thing ever.  18 years on and my three still fascinate me.  BTW they are much more resilient than you think and tend not to get lost, stolen or damaged so relax - though I understand your angst.  

*Spicy food, raspberry tea and a length of boaby is meant to induce labour.  Probably a wifey tale but it's also a decent Friday night.

Edited by The_Kincardine

When the time comes Dad mode is activated, I think it must be a gene that lies dormant till needed.
I dreamed of kids that would absolutely doat on me and we'd have that special bond and now I lie on the settee while she screams "Dad" at me for the millionth time totally ignoring her mum and I pray for peace.
Wouldn't have it any other way mind.

In short, you'll rock this shit.

3 hours ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Good luck to her Keith. I was induced Wednesday night, no baby until Sunday morning. Most boring days of my life stuck on that hospital ward doing f**k all. 

I was induced but straight to drip and had them within 4hrs!

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

As others have said, don't worry too much.  Everybody wings it.  I'm pretty sure I still know hee-haw about parenting nearly two years down the line, but I do my best.  

Enjoy every minute that you can.  Being a dad is absolutely magic!