Pregnancy And Parenting

Spoke about this on here before, how I'm not sure how to deal with the prospect of bullying etc at school. Probably let my own frustrations get the better of me and hot sick of hearing the same wee guys name over and over from my daughter, hitting, pushing, generally being a wee dick, so I have told her that she is to warn him once to leave her alone, and then she is to smash him one clean on the nose. 

Of course, she has now got upset about the prospect of getting in trouble, then she has went in to school and told all who'll listen that she's to punch this wee guy. 

Honestly man, what a fucking puzzle this game is. 

I am now moving towards de escalation, but I'm getting hacked off with this boy pushing her around. 

A word with the teacher next I think. 

9 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

To those with 'older' children, how old were your kids when they stopped believing in Santa? My 8 year old told me tonight that Santa's not real and I think I've managed to convince him otherwise for the time being.

Not sure I'm quite ready for the magic to go for him just yet but seems that day is coming far sooner than I hoped. Kids seem to grow up too quick now 

Can't exactly remember but it was well before 8, maybe 5 or 6?  I think kids at school with older siblings spoil the myth and I'd be surprised if any kid made it through more than a couple of Christmases at school still believing.  

11 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

To those with 'older' children, how old were your kids when they stopped believing in Santa? My 8 year old told me tonight that Santa's not real and I think I've managed to convince him otherwise for the time being.

Not sure I'm quite ready for the magic to go for him just yet but seems that day is coming far sooner than I hoped. Kids seem to grow up too quick now 

My daughter lasted until about 10. The rest were about 8 or 9.

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Spoke about this on here before, how I'm not sure how to deal with the prospect of bullying etc at school. Probably let my own frustrations get the better of me and hot sick of hearing the same wee guys name over and over from my daughter, hitting, pushing, generally being a wee dick, so I have told her that she is to warn him once to leave her alone, and then she is to smash him one clean on the nose. 

Of course, she has now got upset about the prospect of getting in trouble, then she has went in to school and told all who'll listen that she's to punch this wee guy. 

I am now moving towards de escalation, but I'm getting hacked off with this boy pushing her around. 

If you've seasaw just drop the teacher a wee message saying x name is regularly cropping up regularly and just wanted to make you aware. 

Wait until they're in P6 and 7 and the girls are all bitching for top dog. 🙄

11 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

This is why I pray my wee girl wants to do jiu jitsu or something. Put one wee dick like that into triangle choke and you'll never get any bother again. 

Krav Maga a good shout, the wee lad ending up on his arse when trying to hit a lassie might dent his ego a bit. 

My 3 year old girl wants weights for her Christmas. Good start. 

13 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

My eldest is 10 and I think she's either starting to latch on to it, or knows but isn't quite prepared to tell us in case she doesn't get anything.  I think this will be the last year of believing for her though.

One of the issues we have had is that i'd say close on 50% of the kids at their school are of different faiths, so don't believe in Santa anyway and over the years we have had some wee shites telling them that it's just their parents.

Mine are pretty innocent when it comes to that kind of thing so they have usually just ignored it whenever it comes up.

2 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

My eldest is 10 and I think she's either starting to latch on to it, or knows but isn't quite prepared to tell us in case she doesn't get anything.

I think that's likely to be the case for a lot of kids...they don't want to spoil the magic for their parents and a part of them is afraid they'll lose out on gifts if Santa is no more.  

When my eldest daughter was about 15 or 16, she was hellish to live with. A complete and utter bitch (she admits it herself now). Usual teenage stuff. 

I remember us going to Stirling in December and she was in a foul mood, verging on a rage. I cannot remember what (if anything) it was about but we were passing a line of kids waiting to see Santa. She shouted at them as loud as she could "Santa isn't real!". 

A few bemused looks from parents. The kids actually didn't pay her any attention. I marched her back to the car and we had the worst screaming match I can ever remember. 

Even now she talks about that (now that her kids are young she looks back and cannot recognise herself)

20 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

When my eldest daughter was about 15 or 16, she was hellish to live with. A complete and utter bitch (she admits it herself now). Usual teenage stuff. 

I remember us going to Stirling in December and she was in a foul mood, verging on a rage. I cannot remember what (if anything) it was about but we were passing a line of kids waiting to see Santa. She shouted at them as loud as she could "Santa isn't real!". 

A few bemused looks from parents. The kids actually didn't pay her any attention. I marched her back to the car and we had the worst screaming match I can ever remember. 

Even now she talks about that (now that her kids are young she looks back and cannot recognise herself)

Wow really can't wait until mine is a teenager, she already has a hell of temper... No idea where she gets it from 👀 

I thought they were meant to just leave you alone and spend most of the time in their room or in the park drinking or smoking? 

3 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Wow really can't wait until mine is a teenager, she already has a hell of temper... No idea where she gets it from 👀 

I thought they were meant to just leave you alone and spend most of the time in their room or in the park drinking or smoking? 

Scott and his wee sister are the total opposite. They are quiet and make no fuss. It's bliss. 

18 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

I've got an 8 year old as well and she told me a couple of months ago that "this will be last year she'll do all the Santa stuff".  I'd hoped I'd have another year to two of the 'believing' stuff but kids are getting wiser.  There's no doubt 20,000 YouTubers out there telling them it's all bollocks.

1 hour ago, Desp said:

I've got an 8 year old as well and she told me a couple of months ago that "this will be last year she'll do all the Santa stuff".  I'd hoped I'd have another year to two of the 'believing' stuff but kids are getting wiser.  There's no doubt 20,000 YouTubers out there telling them it's all bollocks.

Mine doesn't even want to do the Santa stuff this year and to be fair the last time he done a Santa thing it looked babyish and he was one of the oldest there. He'd rather go to Edinburgh or Glasgow for the day and go to a panto. 

Agree re the YouTubers

57 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

The child that has had us living on the edge since he was conceived broke his elbow at school yesterday 🙈

I think that's a fairly common one. I did it when I was about 7 - fell off a bar stool that I was sitting on to play an arcade game on holiday - and Junior v1 managed it when she was about 4 falling off the kitchen bench, which must only be two feet high. 

27 minutes ago, Lex said:

Got another one coming in March, joining the two under two club. It'll be fun, right? I'm sure it will be some laugh, if nothing else 🥲

Literally just coming on to moan about having two of them, one 3 and one 7 months. 

It's hell. Last three nights the boy has decided sleeping at nighttime is overrated and instead whinging, laughing or rolling over and then complaining is better. Me and the missus are fucking zombies, he wont even nap now and I need to work. Quite fancy just ending it all right now. 

Anyway congrats.

5 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Literally just coming on to moan about having two of them, one 3 and one 7 months. 

It's hell. Last three nights the boy has decided sleeping at nighttime is overrated and instead whinging, laughing or rolling over and then complaining is better. Me and the missus are fucking zombies, he wont even nap now and I need to work. Quite fancy just ending it all right now. 

Anyway congrats.

It gets better. 

That said there's almost exactly 5 years between my two!