Pregnancy And Parenting

I've enjoyed a wee ten minutes reading this thread. All the very best to those of you who are expectant parents, and others who have just become proud mummies and daddies.

It certainly takes me back a bit. My youngest is now a matter of 3 weeks off turning 15. Her big sister started uni last year. They grow up in a blink of an eye, so try to be there as much as you can be.

I remember when my brother-in-law was giving me a lift over to the RAH in Paisley to see our firstborn the day after she was delivered. He was already a dad, and commented how it was probably the biggest change in your life you'll ever experience - simply based on the fact that there is now someone who is more important than you. That has always stayed with me, as he was spot-on.

Having children is a privilege (albeit a pain in the arse, on occasion). Even in your darkest times, you have the comfort of knowing that you've done something special. Try to do your best to get it right by them, and you'll do fine. Don't worry if you get it wrong from time to time, Children are more resilient than we give them credit for, and probably more forgiving than we deserve them to be.

One last thing....remember, it is you who should be making them proud.

Edited by Drooper

Thanks folks. Nuala Muriel, thought we'd stick to the awkward spelling and pronunciation names! Muriel for my granny, the babies great granny so she's chuffed. Can't figure out how to post a pic on mobile version! Hopefully home tomorrow :)

I had a baby girl in the early hours of yesterday morning. Three hour labour and easy birth and then three hours in surgery. She was born at 37+1 weighing 6lb 7.

Congratulations on the birth of your wee princess.

Congratulations Rowan.

Tomorrow at 4.30pm my girlfriend will get the gel that will induce labour and they will keep her in and she should be laying our first baby on thursday.

Have my hospital bag packed with I-pod 4 pack of flakes and pepsi max cans in case its a long one.

She had a touch of the old gestational diabetes so has been injecting for months now and she is so fed up, this baby is coming at just the right time.

Congratulations Rowan.

Tomorrow at 4.30pm my girlfriend will get the gel that will induce labour and they will keep her in and she should be laying our first baby on thursday.

Have my hospital bag packed with I-pod 4 pack of flakes and pepsi max cans in case its a long one.

She had a touch of the old gestational diabetes so has been injecting for months now and she is so fed up, this baby is coming at just the right time.

Hasn't quite got the hang of having/bringing up a baby lingo yet. :)

All the best!

Thanks folks. Nuala Muriel, thought we'd stick to the awkward spelling and pronunciation names! Muriel for my granny, the babies great granny so she's chuffed. Can't figure out how to post a pic on mobile version! Hopefully home tomorrow :)

How do you even pronounce it? Is it just the way it looks? Never heard that name before, unique, I like it! :)

How do you even pronounce it? Is it just the way it looks? Never heard that name before, unique, I like it! :)

"Nu la", fairly common name over here, probably even more common in the rest of the island.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1360842585.400506.jpg The sleepless nights at the beginning are utter shite, but this easily makes up for all that when you can spend your day off building stuff!

That is just magic.

Cheers, he loves building stuff and playing with it.

Got the day off today, so that will probably be demolished to build a castle or some shit like that. It's great!

Half way stage for us, Mrs is now 24 weeks on saturday, it's absolutely flew in!

Been buying stuff here and there as we go in preparation, just need a house now as I want to be settled before the little on arrives.