Pregnancy And Parenting

23 hours ago, banana said:

Wee lass walking and climbing quite well now, so is now sturdy enough to be properly included in my home-from-work play wrestling/rolling/tickling chaos with her brother. I'm going to miss this shit horribly when they're older.

Vaguely on that note, actually looking into some martial arts now, thinking of giving them a go down the non-striking but otherwise structured and quite holistic path with Judo or Brazilian Jiujitsu. Any experience putting your kids through these?

My kids both done judo for years, oldest decided at 10 he wanted to do boxing as well. Both sports good grounding and should stand them in good stead. I must say though that boxing is brilliant for them physically. Think it's instilled a keep fit ethic in him and I cannot see him being overweight in the years ahead, would recommend. 

Was at a relatives house at the weekend. They had put out a few little plates of nibbles. 14 month old grandson duly helped himself to a bit of everything. Then he found the plate with the little prawns/shrimps on it. He absolutely demolished them:blink:

never seen anything like it!

Last round (until she's a year) of vaccinations/innoculations/jags whatever the f**k you call them this morning. Think my wee girl hates me. Seeing her face when they stick those needles in is horrendous. f**k that for a job.

Fortunately she's a wee trooper and all is ok but I fucking hate that. I used to get nervous taking the cats to the vet, never mind having pain inflicted on my wee lassie. Felt like going straight to the pub after it. :lol:

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Last round (until she's a year) of vaccinations/innoculations/jags whatever the f**k you call them this morning. Think my wee girl hates me. Seeing her face when they stick those needles in is horrendous. f**k that for a job.

Fortunately she's a wee trooper and all is ok but I fucking hate that. I used to get nervous taking the cats to the vet, never mind having pain inflicted on my wee lassie. Felt like going straight to the pub after it. :lol:

I've always been working whenever mine have had to go for jags.  My kids still love me.

I'm hoping that they at least get to 10 or 11 before they figure out I'm an arsehole.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

8 hours ago, Adam said:

Five years ago today I posted that my youngest son was born, genuinely cannot believe how quickly it has went!

Happy birthday!

Ruairidh will be 8 on Monday and I'm still waiting on him to sleep past 6.30am!