Pregnancy And Parenting

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Scenes in my house today. Baby led weaning has commenced and BB2 has been decanted into her own bedroom all in one day!! As far as the BLW goes, she tanned a rusk in the morning, then at lunch and dinner was given carrots. She did gag on them and vomited a wee bit at one point but she was interested in eating them, so for a first nerve racking attempt, Mrs B was pretty pleased. Thanks everyone for your advice on the matter. I imagine we are going to stick with it now.

Eta all of this has begun in my absence as I am at work! Well done Mrs B!

Good stuff mate. I'd recommend this book. HSF got it and we used it quite a bit in the early days of weaning. They're all baby friendly (low salt, no honey etc etc) and are designed to let you cook something you and the missus (and BB1) can all eat at the same time as you wean the youngest. The shepherd's pie in particular is very tasty.

Have to say I'm absolutely loving and pulling my hair out at this stage. She's 15 months now and I'm loving her inquisitive and problem solving side. Seeing her learn there in front of me gives me such a buzz. She's doing well with her words and sounds I think as well. Her favourite word just now is Car and she just started to say Santa, which is the first 2 syllable word. The way she says it cracks me up as well. It's the emphasis on 'ta': San-TA! Just got her to make a pigeon sound as well. So that's Crocodile, Pigeon, Monkey, Snake and Duck noises she makes [emoji38]

On the flip side, her inquisitive side can drive me nuts when she's constantly at my router socket!

She's booked in for her first haircut. Her hair is like a mop. Loving the curls at the back (no idea who she's inherited them from!) but the front keeps getting in her eyes and she just tries to eat any kind of clasp we put in her hair.

8c7e5a6bbbb1510ff1f747fd1c0efa92.jpg

3b11aee56bb78ca9f28638c22da7c25b.jpg

Sitting here chilled oot for the first time in over a week due to the fact we’ve got our wee 28 year old boy out of the ERI  after he was admitted on New Year’s Morning. Flu virus, icu, pissing blood, kidney failure, biopsy etc.some start to the year. You kinda take for granted your kids will be fine in adulthood, giving all your worries and concerns to your grandkids, it’s really shook me and the wife up seeing him in such a state

On 02/01/2018 at 14:38, MEADOWXI said:

Have a son of 21.....

And now looking forward to a 2nd kid.
Different partner and she 13 years younger so in July will be a dad again and by then be 48.......

Feels mental to be doing it again so far apart.

Roll on hopefully a great 2018

My oldest brother had another son at 46, he’s 9 now and has a 36 and 34 year old. Harder work but he loves it

6 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Sitting here chilled oot for the first time in over a week due to the fact we’ve got our wee 28 year old boy out of the ERI  after he was admitted on New Year’s Morning. Flu virus, icu, pissing blood, kidney failure, biopsy etc.some start to the year. You kinda take for granted your kids will be fine in adulthood, giving all your worries and concerns to your grandkids, it’s really shook me and the wife up seeing him in such a state

Really sorry to hear this, bud.  Hope it all works out ok for your son.  You never stop being a parent is something I'm slowly coming to realise.  Keep us posted.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Really sorry to hear this, bud.  Hope it all works out ok for your son.  You never stop being a parent is something I'm slowly coming to realise.  Keep us posted.

He’ll be fine I’m sure, looks like it’s been lying dormant and has been kicked off by the flu. IgA nephropathy or Bergers disease apparently

Just now, MEADOWXI said:

I'm equally terrified and looking forward to it.....

It going to be a blast and have the experience to make it better this time I hope

I have to say the mistakes he made first time round he’s made good this time, although tiring he’s loving it 

Fucking hell mate. On the mend now though?

43 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Fucking hell mate. On the mend now though?

Aye a follow up appointment at the western on Monday for another check up, they’re hoping things go back to normal, a few requirements needed with diet to help him and he should be fingers crossed fine. 

On 26/11/2017 at 02:27, supermik said:

My stepson has always thought that I was his real dad. I did ask my wife a few times to tell him the truth but she always said no. His real dad broke her nose when she caught him cheating whilst she was pregnant. He has 4 other kids and he was in the local paper once saying how much that he always wanted 4 kids but he conveniently forgot about his 5th and oldest, (my stepson). My wife used to take the lad to see his grandmother every couple of weeks to keep in touch but his real dad just ignored him.

Last year, for some reason, the "father" told his other kids about the existence of my wife's boy. Cue a Facebook appeal to find him from them and lo and behold a halfwit relative declared that they knew who they were looking for. Of course it showed up on his own timeline so the cat was well and truly out the bag. 

When I next saw my stepson, he hugged me and said that as far as he was concerned, I was his dad as I was the one who raised him and I was the person who gave him his guidance and values in life.

The other "family" were very aggressive in their attitude towards my wife when she told them to back off. Their initial reply was that if they could not meet their brother then they would call Jeremy Kyle:lol:

There are a great deal of things about that "family" that would make your toes curl if I was to tell about them but I won't.

My stepson had his real dads name as his middle name. Last week, under his own idea, he had his birth certificate altered to make his middle name the same as my own wonderful stepfather who we both absolutely adored.

I love the boy to bits.

Just catching up with this, and it brought back some memories for me. My step daughter is 21 now, and I have raised her since the age of 5. She's always known I wasn't her biological dad, so this issue was dodged somewhat. A few years ago though the dad's sister was on facebook (which is, in my view, the very worst thing to happen to the 21st century) and found my wife. Cue a long rant about how my wife ruined her brother's life, how he was a good boy and is now a good man, husband and father, and all no thanks to my wife, etc. etc. Some years old bad blood came bubbling up. 

My step daughter got on to the conversation (not sure how all this is done on facebook). Anyway, she said she was now 17 or 18, whatever the age was, and her biological dad had shown no interest in her whatsoever. never tried to make contact, never sent a card, nothing at all. In fact, he had been on facebook celebrating his "eldest" kid's birthday, ignoring the fact that he had fathered my step daughter.  However, if that side of the family wanted to know her, she'd happily meet any of them for a coffee - including her biological father.

Radio silence ensued. After a few more attempts to get in touch with her biological father, my step daughter ended up just shrugging her shoulders at the whole lot of them. They're not interested in her, never will be. She has her own family now - a 1 year old son - and is perfectly happy with the family she has. 

Looks like I need to pay more attention to this thread again. We are 14 weeks gone. Wife been worse with the sickness etc this time round. Due 12th July which has ruled a few names out..

5 hours ago, weirdcal said:

Looks like I need to pay more attention to this thread again. We are 14 weeks gone. Wife been worse with the sickness etc this time round. Due 12th July which has ruled a few names out..

Staunche if a boy, Loyalla if a girl?

The difference in sickness might be because you are having a different sex of child than your last one.

I was reading a few old wives tales about it all and morning sickness is apparently worse when having a girl, Probably all bollocks though!

In general it probably is nonsense but as I've said previously. My sister in law with the 3 boys had bad morning sickness whereas my wife and her arsehole sister had no sickness and they had girls.

In general it probably is nonsense but as I've said previously. My sister in law with the 3 boys had bad morning sickness whereas my wife and her arsehole sister had no sickness and they had girls.

Yeah it’s probably all just shite but I was bored the other night and was reading these old wives tales. Most of them suggested we were having a girl.

Staunche if a boy, Loyalla if a girl?

William or williamina are top of list

The difference in sickness might be because you are having a different sex of child than your last one.

We are working on this theory too. For me it's a hunch as it's been different this time.

Her sisters who had girls were all quite ill whereas the ones with boys weren't. The one with both was worse with the girl.

Yeah it’s probably all just shite but I was bored the other night and was reading these old wives tales. Most of them suggested we were having a girl.

Have you read the one about the needle and thread? My cousin did this with me years ago. You put your palm out flat and someone else holds a threaded needle above the palm and waits for it to move. I can't recall which direction is which but mine and my wife's (at the time girlfriend) moved around two seperate times in the direction of girls. We're half way to it being true so worth a go [emoji38]