Pregnancy And Parenting

Wife is now 4 months pregnant, All test as great, didn't want to tell anything one including my outwith P&B family, but fuk it. 

I'm happier about it than last time (Roy) my son not too good.

It's very strange as I was as I was really fucked up with work and personal shite.....last year. This year I'm really ready for the new one, we are all much happier.

Whatever the ride will me marvelous. 

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Wife is now 4 months pregnant, All test as great, didn't want to tell anything one including my outwith P&B family, but fuk it. 

It's very strange as I was as I was really fucked up with work and personal shite.....last year. This year I'm really ready for the new one, we are all much happier.

Congrats SP 

My sleeping has been quite good in the 5 weeks so far and when I have work the next day my Mrs does the nappies and I’ve only had to go to the spare room once. I do however wake up at some point in the middle of the night convinced that my daughter is out of her next2me bed. One night I stared at the curtains convinced there was someone standing by my bed holding her, one night I was sure I saw a baby crawling about the hallway and I was convinced that the snores were coming from that direction and not from the next2me bed and last night I was pushing and pulling on my girlfriend as I was convinced I was picking up the baby to put her back in her bed. It doesn’t feel as creepy as it sounds!

10 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

You certainly are!

3 hours ago, throbber said:

My sleeping has been quite good in the 5 weeks so far and when I have work the next day my Mrs does the nappies and I’ve only had to go to the spare room once. I do however wake up at some point in the middle of the night convinced that my daughter is out of her next2me bed. One night I stared at the curtains convinced there was someone standing by my bed holding her, one night I was sure I saw a baby crawling about the hallway and I was convinced that the snores were coming from that direction and not from the next2me bed and last night I was pushing and pulling on my girlfriend as I was convinced I was picking up the baby to put her back in her bed. It doesn’t feel as creepy as it sounds!

Do you work for next2me beds?    

My wife’s parents are divorced and her dads new wife is getting humpty because we don’t want her being called granny. In the style of mumsnet AIBU? I think it’s common sense and normal to have her called by her own name.

I am not the father of any of my girls but to my granddaughters I am Papa Nick. Other grandparents are just grampa or gramma, I’m the only one with a name and I love it

9 hours ago, ICTChris said:

My wife’s parents are divorced and her dads new wife is getting humpty because we don’t want her being called granny. In the style of mumsnet AIBU? I think it’s common sense and normal to have her called by her own name.

I'm "granda" to the grandchildren under 18 and my own name to those over 18. I didn't ask to be called "granda" - although I'm pleased that I am - it was the girls that wanted their children to call me "granda".

My situation is different of course in that my wife's first husband died before there were any grandchildren. Divorced couples who get re-married, I can see that there could be "issues".

I'm sure she wouldn't expect your wife to call her mum so why should she expect your boy to call her gran? Boils my piss when people try to tell you what to do with your own kids.

My ex and the new partner seem to be pushing the step mum thing. She even signed something &future step mum’. Teacher was a bit wtf.

Edited by Rowan

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

I'm sure she wouldn't expect your wife to call her mum so why should she expect your boy to call her gran? Boils my piss when people try to tell you what to do with your own kids.

Piss boiling has been the standard when dealing with my father-in-law for a while.  I had thought that having a grandkid might make him better but he's still a massively selfish fucker.  He's been moaning to my wife that she doesn't answer his text messages fast enough and keeps trying to make demands on us in terms of him coming to visit whenever he wants, no matter what else we have on.  My wife tried to speak to him and said he needed to be flexible, to which he responded "you need to be flexible too!" - we've got a six week old baby you daft c**t!  Now this granny stuff, it's chipping away at my wife and I's patience.  Hopefully she gets to speak to them because she'll be more gentle in her assessment than I will.

I call my step mother by her name as she is not my mother. She's Brazilian and I've noticed my dad referring to her in front of my daughter as a word which I assume is the Portuguese for grannie. I'm not encouraging it but equally don't care enough to stop it.