Pregnancy And Parenting

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 16:34, Jacksgranda said:

Grandson nr 5 has just finished his homework, an hour and a quarter it took him (and he didn't do his reading as he didn't get/come home with his new reading book). He's only 8, it seems a lot at his age.

Just remembered he was off sick Monday & Tuesday, so he had 3 night's to do - as you were.

Learned a lot about dinosaurs tonight as he did his reading. I don't remember doing stuff like that when I was 8.

1 hour ago, keithgy said:

June and i are blown away after a very kind offer by the other Mods,Div funds a night out for us every year and the guys have gave us the kitty to take the kids away and enjoy themselves.

June has now had to give up work to look after Ben and Maisie,i am also going into work at 4.30am to try and help.

I doff my hat to the other mods.

It would be a shame to let the cocaine and hookers go to waste if they're already booked. Just saying.

Edited by welshbairn

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 19:46, Jacksgranda said:

Learned a lot about dinosaurs tonight as he did his reading. I don't remember doing stuff like that when I was 8.

He's sitting here colouring in shapes - cuboids are red, cylinders are blue, cones are green, other shapes are yellow. Cuboids, ffs. I'm not sure what shape a cuboid is, I suppose if it's not a cone, a cylinder or other shape it's a cuboid. But that only works if the other shapes aren't really cuboids. Help!

21 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

He's sitting here colouring in shapes - cuboids are red, cylinders are blue, cones are green, other shapes are yellow. Cuboids, ffs. I'm not sure what shape a cuboid is, I suppose if it's not a cone, a cylinder or other shape it's a cuboid. But that only works if the other shapes aren't really cuboids. Help!

Idiot, a cuboid is a convex polyhedron bounded by six quadrilateral faces, whose polyhedral graph is the same as that of a cube. Everyone knows that.

Spoiler

A shape with six rectangular faces. If all faces are square, it's a cube.

Spoiler

A shoebox.

Edited by welshbairn

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Idiot, a cuboid is a convex polyhedron bounded by six quadrilateral faces, whose polyhedral graph is the same as that of a cube. Everyone knows that.

Hide contents

A shape with six rectangular faces. If all faces are square, it's a cube.

At least he seems to know what shape it is.

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 16:44, Rugster said:

Fraser got home today! Two months old exactly. We're all absolutely delighted, so good to have him home at last. 

How are things now?

That’s a fine head of hair!
Its absolutely mental. Her wee sister is going the same way. Its actually a lot longer than it appears on that pic.

Had a fantastic day today through at the Xmas market. She pushes my buttons like an absolute expert sometimes but absooutely melted my heart today on multiple occassions. One of they days where you remember that its fucking class having kids.