Pregnancy And Parenting

8 hours ago, keithgy said:

Delighted doesn't cover how happy i feel right now,our daughter had a meeting with the senior social worker yesterday and she has finally admitted the kids are better off staying with us.

Glad to hear! From what I hear on a daily basis the social work aren't the greatest, probably because of the values and criterias they need to work to, but hearing this Keith shows that occasionally they do get it right. 

My poor wee lassie just doesn't get a break from viruses or something or other... Had a terrible sleep last night and even in with us she slept poorly. Yesterday afternoon she had a few rashes round her mouth and now they've got worse... Yet another trip to the doctor tomorrow 😢

First thought it was Hand Foot and Mouth, something she had a few months ago, but this looks like Impetigo... IMG_20191210_194827.thumb.jpg.54ee6f6fb1552a1123b741df287f0129.jpg

Just now, Honest Saints Fan said:

Originally went to the pharmacy who diagnosed it but they couldn't give me a prescription as the wee one was under 2 so had to go to the Dr for the bit of paper!

Ours is just shy of 18 months so definitely a doctor visit. Did your wee one just have it on the nose or did it spread elsewhere? Our wee one has spots on her legs and belly. 

38 minutes ago, Ingo ohne Flamingo said:

Ours is just shy of 18 months so definitely a doctor visit. Did your wee one just have it on the nose or did it spread elsewhere? Our wee one has spots on her legs and belly. 

Yeah just all round her nose. It's really contagious though so can spread everywhere.

I've never lived within 100 miles of Dumfries and was brought up a Queens fan. My dad inflicted it on me, so it's only fair that I inflict it on my kids too.

In reality, I'll give them the same rule I was given. Support who you want, as long as it's not the old firm. Hopefully taking then to see Queens every so often hooks them in though.

I've never lived within 100 miles of Dumfries and was brought up a Queens fan. My dad inflicted it on me, so it's only fair that I inflict it on my kids too.
In reality, I'll give them the same rule I was given. Support who you want, as long as it's not the old firm. Hopefully taking then to see Queens every so often hooks them in though.

The Lichties have been trying really hard to get kids through the gates at Gayfield in recent years. Lots of projects and now young Lichties club. Also season tickets are £30 which is reasonable. I run the supporters buses for the supporters club and we have seen a rise in kids coming on the bus. As you say hopefully they get hooked at a young age, there is nothing worse than when we use to see 2 full buses of old firm fans leave the town on a Saturday while there were only 15-20 on the Lichties bus.

If you want them to be QoS fans, the absolute worst thing you can do is take them to the games.