Pregnancy And Parenting

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Our upcoming second is IVF. The Mrs had put the hard word on me that the wee one should have a sibling, as we've no real close family in the US and she should have someone to look out for her and vice versa. She got pregnant very late 2019 and then miscarried 11 or 12 weeks in.  The medics told her she was like a greasy spoon at 5pm, no eggs left, and suggested we should perhaps sign up with an agency. Agency gave us a list of candidates and we picked a lady called Chelsea - at 31 she has 3 kids of her own, has surrogated twice and has donated eggs successfully twice. She's basically the LeBron of making more humans. I had to go to a place in the South Loop and bash one off (note: if you're ever in Chicago and feeling the urge, Vios on Van Buren St has a big stack of Penthouses), they mixed me and Chelsea into a batter and 6 months later the wife looks like she's smuggling Shaq's head up her jumper. 

Best of luck with the run-in. Pleased you were able to, er, produce the goods.

Just went for the 20 week scan with the missus, all healthy looking so delighted with that, we were both slightly worried as some hormone was low for the missus. 

Also found out the gender, had to fight back a small celebration when I heard it was a boy. Also, said "I knew I seen a wee willy on the screen" I didn't want to say in case it was the umbilical cord, but according to the ultrasound tech it was the only thing he wanted to show off easily today. 

Pints later to celebrate I think! 

32 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Smother them in custard. A warm, soggy delight..........

I have horrific memories of Scott bringing home couscous from school. He had written "Koos Koos" on the tub. Tasted like sand with we nuggets of mouse droppings mixed in.

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

I have horrific memories of Scott bringing home couscous from school. He had written "Koos Koos" on the tub. Tasted like sand with we nuggets of mouse droppings mixed in.

Fuxake, is pouring boiling water onto semolina granules what passes for 'domestic science' these days ?  😲

Some show. :lol:
HAMISH GEORGE MCKENZIE
Born in Aberdeen Maternity Hospital, on Friday, October 28th, 2022, weighing 8lb 9.5. Mother and baby well; both wanting fed and their bed. Dad happy with either at this point in time. 
48D6AFE9-70FA-4A9E-B278-4C7D39103B73.thumb.jpeg.01606476ec1117fe68e6aec17793a9fa.jpeg

Glorious news. Well done Mrs Jimmy Shaker. An absolute smasher of a wee boy [emoji16]