The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Anyone know what time slot it'll have? I imagine it's going to be lacking in edge but it'll be something the whole family can watch, a possible introduction to wrestling for the kids perhaps, assuming it's on at a decent time.

I believe it's mid afternoon

On 12/19/2016 at 02:35, bernardblack said:

Anyone else shamefully watch Total Divas?

I do but only seen first few episodes of new season. Next one is the Paige meltdown one for me.

Gave total Bellas a try. Literally nothing happens. Complete waste of time. 

Did folk get any wrestling themed presents this year? I got a shit load.

My brother was at Raw last month so picked me up a Wyatt black sheep mask and a box of Booty O's. Also got this year's Wrestlemania and Royal Rumble on DVD which is slightly redundant given the Network. Also got this gem...

wwf.png

Matches of the year: all promotions-

1 - Amigo Tag vs Jimmyz - Open The Twin Gate title match @ Dragon Gate: Gate Of Passion

2 - Will Ospreay, Mark Andrews & Paul Robinson vs El Ligero, Shane Strickland & Martin Kirby - PWC Wrath of Kahn 

3 - Shinsuke Nakamura vs AJ Styles - IWGP Intercontinental title match @ NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10

4 -  Zack Sabre Jr vs Akira Tozawa - PWG Lemmy 

5 - Kenny Omega vs Tetsuya Naito - NJPW G1 Climax

6 - AJ Styles vs Dean Ambrose  - WWE World title match @ WWE TLC

7 - Kenny Omega vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - IWGP Intercontinental title match @ NJPW New Beginning 

8 - Kazuchika Okada vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - IWGP Heavyweight title match @ NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 10

9 - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kazuchika Okada - NJPW G1 Climax

10 - The Revival vs DIY - 2/3 falls NXT Tag title match @ NXT Takeover Toronto

Is PWC Pro Wrestling Chaos?

Anyways, my own list of five.

1. The Revival vs. DIY - 2/3 Falls Match - NXT Takeover: Toronto
2. Chris Hero vs. Tomohiro Ishii - RPW Global Wars Night 1
3. Kazuchika Okada vs. Tomohiro Ishii - G1 Climax
4. Will Ospreay, Ricochet and Matt Sydal vs. The Young Bucks and Adam Cole - PWG Battle of Los Angeles
5. The Revival vs. DIY - NXT Takeover: Brooklyn II

2 hours ago, Randy Giles said:

Is PWC Pro Wrestling Chaos?

Anyways, my own list of five.

1. The Revival vs. DIY - 2/3 Falls Match - NXT Takeover: Toronto
2. Chris Hero vs. Tomohiro Ishii - RPW Global Wars Night 1
3. Kazuchika Okada vs. Tomohiro Ishii - G1 Climax
4. Will Ospreay, Ricochet and Matt Sydal vs. The Young Bucks and Adam Cole - PWG Battle of Los Angeles
5. The Revival vs. DIY - NXT Takeover: Brooklyn II

Yep, full show on YT and well worth a watch for that and the Chris Hero vs Eddie Jones match

Edited by Christophe

Seems that all wrestlers that are appearing in the WWE British Tournament won't be allowed to work for WhatCulture anymore or the new World of Sport series if its picked up, all the participants have reportedly signed one year deals which gives the WWE the right to put restrictions on who they work with in the UK(despite Regal saying at the press conference that there wouldn't be any)

4 minutes ago, TheGreenMonster said:

Seems that all wrestlers that are appearing in the WWE British Tournament won't be allowed to work for WhatCulture anymore or the new World of Sport series if its picked up, all the participants have reportedly signed one year deals which gives the WWE the right to put restrictions on who they work with in the UK(despite Regal saying at the press conference that there wouldn't be any)

" here is zero restriction on anybody working anywhere, except for these companies who won't let these fellas work for that one. They are free agents, just as long as we need them for certain dates, we'll give them plenty of notice."

So it seems to be down to WoS and WCPW, rather than WWE.