The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

McIntyre was asked about this move in regards to the ban on leg slapping and said that the move is focused on the force of the face and that he's not slapping his leg, he's simply propelling his leg further forward.

Obviously a lot of nonsense, but an ideal loophole for him.

ROH have a very reasonable roster, but so much of the product was so middle of the road pre-Lockdown. There's been some horrific booking. Which is why Delirious got papped and replaced with Scurll. Dunno who replaced him but apparently there's been an improvement, but I've not actually watched any.

2008 was the year the Divas Championship was inaugurated, so it wasn't a great time for American women's wrestling in general. I think TNA still had a decent knockout division then.

Thankfully Melina vs Alicia Fox was only 2 years away and everything has been great since.

Edited by Sherrif John Bunnell

Sara Del Rey was mostly doing intergender matches in other places. I think SHIMMER was around back in 2008, so there WAS decent talent about, and I'm sure it was those women who'd come in and out of ROH as they were VERY closely tied. According to their Wiki, ROH even promoted their shows which I didn't realise. I just knew Dave Prazak kept them linked.

Today is the 20th anniversary of the last ever Nitro.

I wasn't online then, so had no idea Vince buying WCW was even in the works. All my insider knowledge came from Power Slam magazine in those days and they seemed certain that Bischoff's consortium were going to be the new owners. I remember everyone in school talking about it the day after and fantasy booking all the WCW vs WWF matches that would never end up happening.